JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pay a fine or carried by six? Which would you prefer? :) I carry all the time except in the courthouse and airport gates/airplanes.

An active shooter gets an immediate response with no verbal warnings needed.

With 20/20 hindsight being the case I think if a CHL holder was able to incapacitate the theater shooter with all his protective gear, shotgun, AR, and handgun I would hope that the theater and police and all the other survivors would be giving said CHL holder a key to the city and a no parking tickets for life deal.

Personally, I'd rather deal with the fallout of making a good self defense shoot than not protect myself, wife, and other bystanders who were without a doubt in grave danger.

On a side note, did you know a college education is consitutionally garaunteed to children of divorced parents in the state of Washington. It is.

Folks, before you get your undies in a wad, take a deep breath and engage your brains. Ever come across an instance of this that you personally have knowledge of? Do you really believe everything people say here? Is it too much to expect a citation for where this is in the state constitution? Or, you could try looking for it yourself. Just find the state constitution online, then use the Find command in your browser to look for instances of the word divorce.

So what did you find?

Now, if you look in the RCW, there is language about divorced parents and financial responsibility for college as part of the divorce decree, but nothing about the state being on the hook.

With the Internet, it's really not all that difficult to look these things up.

The theator was a Gun free zone as posted by the owners of the theator.

Aurora CO is not a gun free zone. It does not allow CCW or loaded firearms in vehicles but it is not a gun free zone.

Please be more accurate when making statements

I made a statement based on a news article, if you had bothered to then read my second post I stated that the article had been ammended and even provided all a link to read for themselves.

To comment on the idea a CCW could have stopped the shooter in CO ballistic vest stop the bullet from penatrating but they do not stop the energy from being transmitter to the wearer of the vest. In some cases the absorbtion cone can break ribs and even stop hearts. A double tap to the thorax would have certainly put the shooter off his game even with a .380 Now would it have killed him most likely not. Would it have made HIM FEAR FOR HIS LIFE most certainly. And could have stopped the attack.

I made a statement based on a news article, if you had bothered to then read my second post I stated that the article had been ammended and even provided all a link to read for themselves.

I was most likely researching my post while you were typing your second post. I never saw it until I came back to the thread just now. Besides the point

I was most likely researching my post while you were typing your second post. I never saw it until I came back to the thread just now. Besides the point

MY point is I reported accurate information as it was reported to me and I saw it in 2 different sites. After the fact I found one of those sites had altered the information so I made a second post and linked direct to the new information. Sorry I did not correct my original post before you saw it, I have since ammended my original post.

500 S&W would do that, but are you going to carry a 500 S&W on you for protection in the city? Against bears, mountain lions, and what have in the mountains yes but in the city?

Regarding the bad guy (or his family) sueing the good guy who shot him: This is an aspect addressed in "Castle Doctrine" and "Stand Your Ground" law. Some states have it, and some don't. When in statute, the bad guy or his relatives are prevented from bringing civil suit against someone who defended themselves against a person who was engaging in a criminal act. Usually the criminal act must rise to the level of a felony.

WA doesn't have a "Stand Your Ground" or "Castle Doctrine" law as such but relies on previous court decisions, some going back almost 100 years.
As I understand it, here in WA, there is no protection against being sued by the relatives or the bad guy.

Is that correct or do the "Good Samaritan" laws protect you?

The parents. It's jacked up, but hey. So when I say the parents, what makes it jacked is this, the father makes 3 times what the mother makes, so he pays more. And there is no way to fight it, as it has already gone to the State Supreme Court in Washington and been found constitutional twice (1928 and 1978). Oddly both those cases went to the supreme court before the post secondary support was actually a law. In addition it has been found constitutional in several other states.

Sorry I digressed from the topic at hand guys.

It is unfortunate that one of those 3 brave young men who protected their loved ones, did not have a handgun. If someone would have been able to put some fire on this coward I am sure he would have changed his tactics. Even if someone was not able to get a lethal shot on him then they still would have disrupted him long enough to save some lives. I guarantee you he was not expecting anyone to be firing back at him........what a POS!....My heart goes out to all those young people who lost their lives and to their families!! Where is the liability of the theater to allow someone to go out through an "exit" door, leave it propped and then return. The theater should consider have some alarms on the doors! They should consider getting rid of a couple of pimple faced teenagers sweeping popcorn and hire someone in plain clothes to carry concealed and move throughout the auditoriums. With the propper firearms training this could prove to be life saving.......just my .02

Unfortunatley this is likey to be a gun control rally cry because apparently this guy had used legaly bought firearms. What it actually should be though, is an extremely dramatic example of exactly the kind of attrocities that can happen when citizens can no longer arm themselves legally. What's that ole cliche, when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

It is unfortunate that one of those 3 brave young men who protected their loved ones, did not have a handgun. If someone would have been able to put some fire on this coward I am sure he would have changed his tactics. Even if someone was not able to get a lethal shot on him then they still would have disrupted him long enough to save some lives. I guarantee you he was not expecting anyone to be firing back at him........what a POS!....

Rounds on target would have made a considerable impact and changed the outcome of this event.
Take a look:
The Box O' Truth #16 - Level IIIA Armor - Page 1

It is unfortunate that one of those 3 brave young men who protected their loved ones, did not have a handgun. If someone would have been able to put some fire on this coward I am sure he would have changed his tactics. Even if someone was not able to get a lethal shot on him then they still would have disrupted him long enough to save some lives. I guarantee you he was not expecting anyone to be firing back at him........what a POS!....My heart goes out to all those young people who lost their lives and to their families!! Where is the liability of the theater to allow someone to go out through an "exit" door, leave it propped and then return. The theater should consider have some alarms on the doors! They should consider getting rid of a couple of pimple faced teenagers sweeping popcorn and hire someone in plain clothes to carry concealed and move throughout the auditoriums. With the propper firearms training this could prove to be life saving.......just my .02

The fix for this is a class-action lawsuit against the theater chain for their "no guns in here" policy, thus preventing anyone from executing armed defense. When the insurance companies have to pay out huge sums for their folly, and companies who promote victim-creation zones get their premiums raised, then this kind of insanity will disappear.

We also need legislators and judges who recognize that MY enumerated right to the means to self-defense trumps YOUR unenumerated right to say what happens on your real property.

The fix for this is a class-action lawsuit against the theater chain for their "no guns in here" policy, thus preventing anyone from executing armed defense. When the insurance companies have to pay out huge sums for their folly, and companies who promote victim-creation zones get their premiums raised, then this kind of insanity will disappear.

I'd love to see the argument in support of that. Nobody forces anybody into a private entertainment establishment which prohibits carry of firearms.

We also need legislators and judges who recognize that MY enumerated right to the means to self-defense trumps YOUR unenumerated right to say what happens on your real property.

Ha! Conflicting rights :) First of all, your right of self-defense is a guarantee against the government, not against other private citizens. Second, private property rights are also enumerated, just look at the 5th Amendment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top