JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wouldn't it be fair and proper if a bill/law is unconstitutional and declared as such the original submitters be liable for ALL legal costs associated.
Why should the citizens pay for their misguided attempt at gun control?

Though gun control is something we likely notice and pay more attention to, this "throw stuff out there and see what sticks" is a tactic employed by progressives for other things. There is no penalty, and there would seem to be few political repercussions either, given this is mostly employed in places that have voter bases that will overwhelmingly support their proposal anyway. They have plenty of money - both from outside donors and your taxpayer dollars to fund the city/county/state. Problem is many people don't seem to understand 'voting' to remove recognition of someone's rights is not how it's supposed to work. Coming from this lack of understanding, it's easy to see why they immediately start shrieking "But... the will of the people", which is a couched way of saying "mob rule", and is not at all consistent with the foundation of this country.

"And since they knowingly submitted legislation to be passed, that is unconstitutional they should be charged with treason, tried in a court of law and punished to the fullest extent of the Law " CAVEMAN JIM

Very serious question. :s0001:How does a common man go about officially charging an elected official with failure to uphold his/her oath of office, sedition, or even treason? Or any other charge that could be reasonably brought against an official who clearly demonstrates intent to weaken or undermine ANY part of our Constitution and bill or rights?

What's going on in VA concerns me greatly. I see the same overreaching here. The blatant disregard for the rule of Constitutional law, these state level officials don't have the authority to pass ANY law that so plainly violates the Constitution. I don't want WA to have to circle the wagons and start talking about civil uprisings or even open hostilities. We aren't there yet. There is still much we can do to prevent this.

Voting hasn't worked. There is so much graft and outright fraud when it comes to voting that I'm afraid our next Governor might actually be a real basset hound. It doesn't matter what the people here vote for or against. The State officials just say "Yes, we hear you. But we're going to do what we want anyway."

There has to be a method to remove these kinds of elected officials.

Some one in a position of real authority needs to stand up and hold these people accountable.

Serious answer to your question is:

It's written in the First Amendment that you can petition for a redress of grievances. However, it would seem "So let it be written" (as said by Yul Brynner) is no longer always followed with "So let it be done". That's at the heart of much of our quandary. People see words and instead of thinking them hallowed, cherished manifestations of how we can live freely, they are seen as 'outdated, racist, etc.', all to be ignored

There ABSOLUTELY should be both criminal and financial penalties for proposing or passing any legislature in violation of the state or federal Constitution.

I don't really understand why there isn't to be frank.

The respective Constitutions are top tier controlling law. If you violate the law, i.e. you break or propose to break the law, you are a criminal or a co-conspirator to breaking the law. There should be armed people arresting and prosecutors prosecuting these people, and the jail and fines should be commensurate with the seriousness of the offenses.

Very serious question. :s0001:How does a common man go about officially charging an elected official with failure to uphold his/her oath of office, sedition, or even treason? Or any other charge that could be reasonably brought against an official who clearly demonstrates intent to weaken or undermine ANY part of our Constitution and bill or rights?

There has to be a method to remove these kinds of elected officials.
Some one in a position of real authority needs to stand up and hold these people accountable.
The good news is that "you" are the person in a position of authority! You can file charges in a court of law via a recall effort. But take note of one factor, that 'elected' person gets defended in court by some lawyer that's paid for with "your" tax dollars! (City/County/State) Get your checkbook out if you're not savvy enough to handle the legal battles.

Been there, done that.(Washington State only) Oregon, Idaho & Montana have better recall laws that make it easier to get rid of political trash. My elected officials refuse to address recall law changes because their 'fellow' workers won't allow it to even get thru/to committee.

I figure nothing short of blackmail or serious health issues will get rid of them. Google misfeasance & malfeasance.
Then go here.... RCW 29A.56.110: Initiating proceedings—Statement—Contents—Verification—Definitions.
Good luck & have fun..

Dan

Sounds like a proper and fair procedure to redress issues to me :s0013:. Wonder who wrote these procedures, Stalin?
"who wrote these procedures..."
At 'some' juncture, the some "elected" individuals calculated a way to subvert a way to help prevent YOU from terminating their goat stinking asses from sucking money out of you and are actually believing they are worth the oxygen they waste!
I would love to see you pursue this further if you have the evidence to go after those crooked a$$ elected officials and nail their butz to the cross..
Although I have the time, I lack the funds to start and carry forward an initiative to change these disgusting recall laws as an initiative to the voters. That being said, IF the 'PUBLIC' actually KNEW just how bullet-proof the legislature has made themselves, I'd bet the recall laws would be changed. But that's just my 2 cents worth..

Dan

Maybe a well worded proposition and a good informative campaign to educate the voters in advance about how the power has been shifted over to the 'organization"

Maybe a well worded proposition and a good informative campaign to educate the voters in advance about how the power has been shifted over to the 'organization"
If you can find a way, I'll certainly pitch in my 2 cents worth. All I've gotten so far is headache & rejection.

Dan

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top