JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1628986936877.jpeg
1628987038714.jpeg
Ruger likes to sneak things out under the radar. This guy seems like a great option for lefties. Though it sounds like it might take proprietary left hand specific 10 rounds mags. Another interesting thing, see second picture, is the factory second bedding pillar in the rear.

If this is a sign of anything, it's that Ruger might be ACTUALLY AND FINALLY looking to update the 10-22.

If this was a factory left handed charging right hand ejecting rifle, I would be hurling money at the first person that can get me one!

They would have made a mint on this if they could have kept the price under $400 even though lefties are a small part of the population a left-handed .22 is just a really good idea. I assembled a .22 AR style rifle using a Stag LH receiver and CMMG LH .22 conversion I do a dedicated .22 barrel and flipped it by moving the index pin to the other side. I never cared for shooting .22s until shooting this one. .22s are dirty and tend to like to spit on my face when I shoot right handed Ruger 10/22s

I never cared for shooting .22s until shooting this one. .22s are dirty and tend to like to spit on my face when I shoot right handed Ruger 10/22s
Really? I've never had a problem with any of mine or any other RH eject for that matter. Personally, I like being able to see inside the action at a glace and operating the bolt with my support hand while maintaining a firing grip.

They would have made a mint on this if they could have kept the price under $400 even though lefties are a small part of the population a left-handed .22 is just a really good idea. I assembled a .22 AR style rifle using a Stag LH receiver and CMMG LH .22 conversion I do a dedicated .22 barrel and flipped it by moving the index pin to the other side. I never cared for shooting .22s until shooting this one. .22s are dirty and tend to like to spit on my face when I shoot right handed Ruger 10/22s
Yea I did not notice the price at first. That will most likely keep the Wife from any interest in one. If they offer it in something like the standard though I am sure she would love it. Not having the ejection port so close to her face.

I am left-handed and I'll never own one, any more than I'll own a LH AR or 870. Bolt guns are the only thing I'll consider going LH and most of the time that isn't an option.
I'm left handed and will say I have to pay about $50 more per gun for that privilege but haven't had any trouble finding and buying left handed bolt guns. I've got a Savage .22 and .270, a CZ .223 and a Browning 300 Win Mag. My shotgun is a bottom ejecting Browning BPS. Rumor has it the Samuel Colt was left handed and thats why the loading gate is on the right side on his single action revolvers.

I'm left handed, I own left handed guns and I think that's an ugly .22!

I've been a left handed shooter for 50 years now. Even nicely upgraded 10/22's for the most part are a pleasure to shoot left handed. It all comes down to stock configuration.

Even right handed bolt guns aren't a problem. I'd never buy a left handed bolt firearm either. I own at least 3 right handed bolt rifles and enjoy the heck out of shooting those too. It ain't difficult either. Just get used to making your shots count.

I have been shooting 10/22's since the early 70's never saw a problem being left handed, still own two of them so for me this rifle is about fifty years to late.

It took Ruger 57 years to offer a single, expensive left-hand version and [I'm guessing] still doesn't lock open on the last shot. Fortunately the only left-handed grandkid is right eye dominant so I'm teaching him to shoot right handed.

FWIW, the only 10/22 I own has the M1 carbine style stock with the 2nd gen CST auto bolt stop kit, which works with regular Ruger magazines.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads