JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It took Ruger 57 years to offer a…… left-hand version
True. But the huge elephant in the room is that after 57 years, the finally changed it. Which might mean they are working on version 2.0. Something I never thought would happen in a million years. If they made a newer one with features that are more up to date, that would be incredibly exciting to this rimfire loving individual!

I'm a lefty and not only do I not own any left handed firearms but I don't think I'd even operate them very well. I've been shooting right handed firearms for over 30 years, it's just what I know.

I'm a lefty and not only do I not own any left handed firearms but I don't think I'd even operate them very well. I've been shooting right handed firearms for over 30 years, it's just what I know.
I regularly shoot with another lefty and he is the same way. You guys have been left out, pun intended, for so long that you have simply learned how to shoot right handed guns.

I regularly shoot with another lefty and he is the same way. You guys have been left out, pun intended, for so long that you have simply learned how to shoot right handed guns.
Yes sir, that's what it boils down to. I also only use right handed scissors and can only use saws right handed. I don't even swap the mag catch on my Glocks. It's a right handed world, we lefties just live in it.

Like most lefties for the first 20 years of my shooting experience I shot right handed guns including my time in service. That's just the way it was and I didn't know any better. Then I shot a lefty bolt .22 rifle and was like wow this is how it's supposed to be. I shot that rifle enough to be classed as an "AA" shooter in reduced silhouettes, I don't know if I'd have gone that far with a right handed rifle. Now because there are left handed options that is what I seek out. I'll grant you that not all right hand options are available to us lefties but there is enough to make do. I like to let a fellow lefty try a left handed rifle for the first time that's when they "get it".

I have one and I like it. Like you all, I him'd and haw'd about it, but pulled the trigger (pun intended) since I wanted one with a threaded barrel. It's not light at 6.2 lbs, but it feels good.

YUP, it's all left handed, magazines and all. These mage have green plastic followers in the bottom, the right hangers have red. There are no 25 rounders available so I bought 4 extra mags. The trigger group and all the internals are left handed so another item that kind of pisses a person off is there are no aftermarket goodies. The trigger is not bad, but is nowhere as good as my other 10/22 with Volquertson drop in parts.

I like the stock although I don't like the adjustable cheekpiece. Overall I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10. I don't plan on using it competitively so I put the Leupold 3-9 rimfire scope on it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top