JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Well I can certainly see where this article could get non-firearm enthusiasts all worried. But I'd like to ask the mayor and police about the investigations they've conducted on the history of the guns used to commit these crimes by "Felons in possession of firearms". There certainly, out of all these crimes, has to be a gun traceable to "Regular Joe" who trades/buys/sell on one of these forums?? Where is this documentation? Where's the story. Have all these guns they refer to had the serial numbers ground off?

Mike

They make the actual data so damn hard to find. (always make your own judgement, dont rely on either side to do it for you)

So they hired a team to post fake ads to Armslist. They posted 17 fake ads and then used the names and addresses given to search for criminal records. Then took the percentage they found and applied it to the total ads over for 210 days over 4 websites to 21000 some odd ads to get the estimated rate of 1360 guns to felons they quoted. Unfortunately, the dont give a P value for their study ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-value ) so there is no way to know the statistical significance of the study. If this was a medical study, I would not use it to determine treatment for patients (come back when you do the study correctly)

"Of the identified individuals seeking guns in unlicensed online sales in Oregon, 5.4 percent (11 of 203) were prohibited from possessing firearms. At this prevalence, gun sales transacted on just four websites could put an estimated 1,360 guns into the hands of felons and domestic abusers in Oregon — and likely many more — in this year alone."

<broken link removed>

If you want to annoy everytown, ask them for the P value of this study. (oh wait, they dont give you a way to contact them)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads