Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

left wing anti gun propaganda

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Just Jim, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

2. Just Jim

3. Qaolin

Qaolin 1 A.U. from a G2 near Beaverton Old Army Cook Silver Supporter

Typical disinformation.

Slobray, U201491 and Caveman Jim like this.
  4. Just Jim

They will do a full court press to get gun registration in.

Slobray, U201491 and Caveman Jim like this.
  5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

They basically bought legislation for 200 grand, man these left coast politicians are friggin cheap!!!!

Slobray, Stomper and U201491 like this.
  6. Just Jim

I could say what I really think but it would show up as double bubblegum.:D We need to invest in hemp rope for the future.:D

7. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Agreed, I'm all bubblegumed out and time to get the BP down a few beats per minutes....:eek:

Slobray, ZA_Survivalist and U201491 like this.
  8. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

That's what ya do with treasonous leftist POS.
    Yep great investment and its reusable.

9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Hemp rope, huh? Friggin' dummies would try to smoke it first. :s0112:

10. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Well I can certainly see where this article could get non-firearm enthusiasts all worried. But I'd like to ask the mayor and police about the investigations they've conducted on the history of the guns used to commit these crimes by "Felons in possession of firearms". There certainly, out of all these crimes, has to be a gun traceable to "Regular Joe" who trades/buys/sell on one of these forums?? Where is this documentation? Where's the story. Have all these guns they refer to had the serial numbers ground off?

Mike

11. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

They make the actual data so damn hard to find. (always make your own judgement, dont rely on either side to do it for you)

So they hired a team to post fake ads to Armslist. They posted 17 fake ads and then used the names and addresses given to search for criminal records. Then took the percentage they found and applied it to the total ads over for 210 days over 4 websites to 21000 some odd ads to get the estimated rate of 1360 guns to felons they quoted. Unfortunately, the dont give a P value for their study ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-value ) so there is no way to know the statistical significance of the study. If this was a medical study, I would not use it to determine treatment for patients (come back when you do the study correctly)

"Of the identified individuals seeking guns in unlicensed online sales in Oregon, 5.4 percent (11 of 203) were prohibited from possessing firearms. At this prevalence, gun sales transacted on just four websites could put an estimated 1,360 guns into the hands of felons and domestic abusers in Oregon — and likely many more — in this year alone."

http://3rxt6b11q8do2ye7f82no0y3.wpe...s/2014/05/EGS-022_Oregon_10c_040215-FINAL.pdf

If you want to annoy everytown, ask them for the P value of this study. (oh wait, they dont give you a way to contact them)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    albin25 likes this.