JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stag Arms is the only lefty upper that I know about. Rock River Arms also makes a lefty rifle, but they don't sell the upper by itself.

I bought a Stag lefty upper for my son. He put it on a Spikes Punisher lower and it works fine for him.

I have 2 Stag Arms LH uppers, I love them. They are worth the price. There is another company , Redx? I think? or something like that, that also make LH uppers but I cannot comment on their quality.

Last Edited:
I am left-handed recommend staying with a quality standard AR with ambidextrous control. I have Colt and BCM rifles setup the basically the same, both have AXTS Raptor Charging handles, the Colt has a Norgon Ambi-catch and AXTS Talon selector, the BCM has a Troy Ambi-mag release and BADASS selector. I prefer having the ejection port on the right for easy visual of the bolt carrier.

+1 on this. I have ambi everything on my lowers as a lefty. I will say it IS nice not having the shells / gas blowback right in your face when using a left handed upper. But in reality, with the ambi features available it isn't totally necessary / worth the cost to get a LH upper if you are looking to go cost effective.

Does a AR not inherently throw brass right in your face when shooting a conventional upper left shouldered? I've never tried.

I wouldn't say "right in your face", but you are certainly prone to more hot brass down your shirt, winging off your eye pro, gasses / debris (dirty burning ammo etc) being ejected in your face. I just got used to it in the service, but once I tried an actual left handed upper, I was sold.

I wouldn't say "right in your face", but you are certainly prone to more hot brass down your shirt, winging off your eye pro, gasses / debris (dirty burning ammo etc) being ejected in your face. I just got used to it in the service, but once I tried an actual left handed upper, I was sold.

Copy, I think I should go ahead with the Lefty upper. I see Rainer arms has nice one too for comparable money. Still going to be expensive project to just give away....

Being a lefty my self I did the Stag upper and it was great. I di like the fact I could toss brass to the guy on my left at the range :D But in the end I did sell it as I was not going to purchase many more as the AR is like Legos and you need a few.......

I am with IheartSig I just put ambi everything on all my stuff. You can go cheap or spend a bunch but in the end I think the ambi works just fine. I have a suppressed upper and no gas issues and brass goes at 3 oclock so not even close to hitting me.

Good luck on the build!

Not a Lefty, but as a Righty, I don't like letting go of the pistol grip, while trying to reach under a scope.:confused: I found an extended operating handle was just the ticket. All I have to do is slap it with my left hand.:p

I gotta keep it cheap. It's the only way my old man will end up with a AR while a guy can build them cheap. I can't justify a 1500 dollar ar that will get used by him twice a year.

Just go for the ambidextrous controls then. If he isn't shooting weekly it wont matter. Ambi safety, mag release etc.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top