JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stag Arms is the only lefty upper that I know about. Rock River Arms also makes a lefty rifle, but they don't sell the upper by itself.

I bought a Stag lefty upper for my son. He put it on a Spikes Punisher lower and it works fine for him.

I have 2 Stag Arms LH uppers, I love them. They are worth the price. There is another company , Redx? I think? or something like that, that also make LH uppers but I cannot comment on their quality.

Last Edited:
I am left-handed recommend staying with a quality standard AR with ambidextrous control. I have Colt and BCM rifles setup the basically the same, both have AXTS Raptor Charging handles, the Colt has a Norgon Ambi-catch and AXTS Talon selector, the BCM has a Troy Ambi-mag release and BADASS selector. I prefer having the ejection port on the right for easy visual of the bolt carrier.

+1 on this. I have ambi everything on my lowers as a lefty. I will say it IS nice not having the shells / gas blowback right in your face when using a left handed upper. But in reality, with the ambi features available it isn't totally necessary / worth the cost to get a LH upper if you are looking to go cost effective.

Does a AR not inherently throw brass right in your face when shooting a conventional upper left shouldered? I've never tried.

I wouldn't say "right in your face", but you are certainly prone to more hot brass down your shirt, winging off your eye pro, gasses / debris (dirty burning ammo etc) being ejected in your face. I just got used to it in the service, but once I tried an actual left handed upper, I was sold.

I wouldn't say "right in your face", but you are certainly prone to more hot brass down your shirt, winging off your eye pro, gasses / debris (dirty burning ammo etc) being ejected in your face. I just got used to it in the service, but once I tried an actual left handed upper, I was sold.

Copy, I think I should go ahead with the Lefty upper. I see Rainer arms has nice one too for comparable money. Still going to be expensive project to just give away....

Being a lefty my self I did the Stag upper and it was great. I di like the fact I could toss brass to the guy on my left at the range :D But in the end I did sell it as I was not going to purchase many more as the AR is like Legos and you need a few.......

I am with IheartSig I just put ambi everything on all my stuff. You can go cheap or spend a bunch but in the end I think the ambi works just fine. I have a suppressed upper and no gas issues and brass goes at 3 oclock so not even close to hitting me.

Good luck on the build!

Not a Lefty, but as a Righty, I don't like letting go of the pistol grip, while trying to reach under a scope.:confused: I found an extended operating handle was just the ticket. All I have to do is slap it with my left hand.:p

I gotta keep it cheap. It's the only way my old man will end up with a AR while a guy can build them cheap. I can't justify a 1500 dollar ar that will get used by him twice a year.

Just go for the ambidextrous controls then. If he isn't shooting weekly it wont matter. Ambi safety, mag release etc.