JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
XD45 or maybe an XDM45 once they prove themselves to be durable and reliable. The XD is a great weapon right out of the box... but with a combat/carry trigger job? Hoooboy! :D I'll put my XD45C up against anything for real-world accuracy, including any production 1911. :s0155:

I went with an XD45. I do like Glocks but the ones in .45 I've handled felt too fat for my hands, like I was holding a brick. However that was before the short frames came out so I am considering a Glock 30SF once I can handle one and see how it feels.
The XD has a lot going for it though. Small grip for a double stack 45, reliable, light, comes with trijicons from the factory, 1911-esque grip angle for folks who hate the glock angle. The only thing I don't like is it can't feed cast SWC bullets which is primarily what we load for .45 range ammo. Cracked the back of a magazine from FTFs before I went online and discovered they do not like SWC and need jacketed bullets. Springfield replaced it though, and paid shipping both ways :)

Yeah as far as I know it's just the SWC, and for whatever reason some guns feed them no problem and some choke like crazy on them. I think the step on the bullet hangs up on the front of the magazine or something when the slide is trying to ram it into the feed ramp. I have a feeling jacketed SWC bullets would do the same thing so it's not the fact it's a cast bullet, just the shape.
I picked up a box of nosler 185gr hollow points to load up for the XD and leave the SWCs for the 1911s.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top