JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
XD45 or maybe an XDM45 once they prove themselves to be durable and reliable. The XD is a great weapon right out of the box... but with a combat/carry trigger job? Hoooboy! :D I'll put my XD45C up against anything for real-world accuracy, including any production 1911. :s0155:

I went with an XD45. I do like Glocks but the ones in .45 I've handled felt too fat for my hands, like I was holding a brick. However that was before the short frames came out so I am considering a Glock 30SF once I can handle one and see how it feels.
The XD has a lot going for it though. Small grip for a double stack 45, reliable, light, comes with trijicons from the factory, 1911-esque grip angle for folks who hate the glock angle. The only thing I don't like is it can't feed cast SWC bullets which is primarily what we load for .45 range ammo. Cracked the back of a magazine from FTFs before I went online and discovered they do not like SWC and need jacketed bullets. Springfield replaced it though, and paid shipping both ways :)

Yeah as far as I know it's just the SWC, and for whatever reason some guns feed them no problem and some choke like crazy on them. I think the step on the bullet hangs up on the front of the magazine or something when the slide is trying to ram it into the feed ramp. I have a feeling jacketed SWC bullets would do the same thing so it's not the fact it's a cast bullet, just the shape.
I picked up a box of nosler 185gr hollow points to load up for the XD and leave the SWCs for the 1911s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top