JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys, I'm wondering if they consider an AR lower receiver a "handgun". I was just told by a guy at Rainier Arms that they would have to ship the lower to my FFL in Oregon. Even if I do a face to face transaction/transfer in their store. I'm thinking this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. If you guys know for sure, let me know how buying the lower receiver works. I have no problem going to the dealer and filling out the forms and doing the background check, but this is going to be a rifle, not a handgun. Keep in mind, I'm an Oregon resident, thinking about buying a lower receiver in Washington. Any help or links would be appreciated. Thanks...

I'm in agreement with @IronMonster on this. It came up for discussion with the NWFA engraved lowers being sold by @NWCustomFirearms. They are indeed sold as "other" which means they can be made into a pistol, so must transfer to an Oregon resident through an Oregon FFL. Only way around that as IM mentioned, is to have it already built as a rifle, in which case you could then buy in Washington.

Thank the government for that crap.

Buy my 80% lower and don't fill out any paperwork!!:D:D:D And not have to go to Olympia to get it. And then you can build whatever you want with it and give the middle finger to anyone who says they care.

Buy my 80% lower and don't fill out any paperwork!!:D:D:D And not have to go to Olympia to get it. And then you can build whatever you want with it and give the middle finger to anyone who says they care.

That's always an option. However, I'm wanting to go Noveske upper and lower with this one... Going to be pretty bad azzed precision rifle. Just bought a Geissele SSA-E trigger earlier today for it.... You have any ACS stocks laying around?

I'm in agreement with @IronMonster on this. It came up for discussion with the NWFA engraved lowers being sold by @NWCustomFirearms. They are indeed sold as "other" which means they can be made into a pistol, so must transfer to an Oregon resident through an Oregon FFL. Only way around that as IM mentioned, is to have it already built as a rifle, in which case you could then buy in Washington.

Thank the government for that crap.
Yup, this is correct

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class