JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/26/latin-america-murder-crisis-violence-homicide-report

Latin America suffers 33% of the world's homicides despite having only 8% of its population. One-quarter of all global homicides are concentrated in four countries – Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Venezuela

... young Latin Americans are disproportionately affected, with nearly half of all homicide victims aged 15–29. It also denounces the "astonishingly" large role of guns.

Inner city crime?

The acceptance of violence in TV, games and other media?

The breakdown of religion and families?

The decay of social values and the value of life itself?

Drug crimes and the fight for turf?

MS-13 and other street gangs?

Oh wait.....the subject was Latin America not America.

Aloha, Mark

PS....LOL, we need to keep that southern border porous. Without screening people. Because, we can all benefit from their diverse culture.:eek:

Last Edited:
Inner city crime?

Aloha, Mark

PS....LOL, we need to keep that southern border porous. Without screening people. Because, we can all benefit from their diverse culture.:eek:

Let that caravan through I'm sure ms13 did not think of planting a few youngsters in there to train in the sanitary citys.

Inner city crime?

Aloha, Mark

Well played ;)

Indeed, in terms of homicide rate, we are way down there (96th). The top three are all in Latin America (El Salvador, Honduras, and Venezuela). I don't know about Honduras off the top of my head, but El Salvador has obnoxious gun licensing/regulations and Venezuela outright banned private ownership of firearms.

It's pretty corrupt down there. I've gotta snicker every time the locals get fed up and immolate some dirty rotten federales and then firebomb their headquarters.
didn't click

Uuuuhhhhh no..... the lesson is corrupt societies will ALWAYS fall to an outside invader. The Mel Gibson movie, "Apocalypto" illustrated the beginning of the historical event in Central/South America very well, give it a watch.

That movie was surprisingly good. I can't remember how it opens tho.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews