JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I admit I skimmed this thread. People can keep defending the 320 with excuse after excuse about improper handling or whatever. I get it, tough to admit one's coveted firearm might actually be a pile and not just operator error.

Yes, I know Glock has had issues too. This thread isn't about Glock.

Edit: this video has already been posted in this thread but I wasn't up to that page before I posted.

Again I'd like to see what holster he had. Was the pistol completely seated before bending over and forcing the pistol downward? Any mods to the gun? Holster material? Etc.

It's so easy to point blame at an item when in reality there are a ton of different factors that come into play. Whether it be Glock, Sig, S&W, etc. Human stupidity runs rampant across the board. And no the title of your occupation doesn't mean sh!t.

I admit I skimmed this thread. People can keep defending the 320 with excuse after excuse about improper handling or whatever. I get it, tough to admit one's coveted firearm might actually be a pile and not just operator error.

Yes, I know Glock has had issues too. This thread isn't about Glock.
The Church of P320 Spontaneous Combustion, try as they may, are wrong about this one.
The pistol in question was not seated into the holster and the top retainer strap was not engaged.
As the officer reached down to grab the detainee's legs his hip area contacted his partner and possibly the detainee.
As he was standing up, the UD occurred.
The next frame showed the pistol down firmly in the holster.

Should a duty gun be able to withstand that ?
Yes.
Did the P320 go off on its own ?
No, something fouled the trigger as it was pushed downward into the holster leading to the UD.

This guy can be annoying but he does a good breakdown with still photos and slo-mo taken from the original video.

I don't subscribe to that channel, nor will I click to watch. It just seems to me there are an awful lot of excuses as to why the 320 keeps going off but I haven't caught any stories of other similar issues recently with any other manufacturer. Each time a story pops up about the 320 there are some that come to the rescue with every reason why it went off besides the possibility of a defective firearm design.

I don't subscribe to that channel, nor will I click to watch. It just seems to me there are an awful lot of excuses as to why the 320 keeps going off but I haven't caught any stories of other similar issues recently with any other manufacturer. Each time a story pops up about the 320 there are some that come to the rescue with every reason why it went off besides the possibility of a defective firearm design.
I don't like seeing a gun manufacturer wrongfully maligned.
And that's what's happening with P320.
Some of it fueled by The Trace (Bloomberg funded) and Wash Post

Is P320 discharging uncommanded ?
No.
Is P320 a defective design ?
No.
Is P320 in civvie form a good pistol for police work ?
One could argue, no.

With all the P320 hysteria going on, so far the truth is winning.

I don't like seeing a gun manufacturer wrongfully maligned.
And that's what's happening with P320.
Some of it fueled by The Trace (Bloomberg funded) and Wash Post

Is P320 discharging uncommanded ?
No.
Is P320 a defective design ?
No.
Is P320 in civvie form a good pistol for police work ?
One could argue, no.

With all the P320 hysteria going on, so far the truth is winning.
How do you know all of that if nobody else does? How can you make such claims with such authority? Where is the scientific evidence?

Following the cases.
Believe as you wish.

ETA
No one has been able to demonstrate an uncommanded discharge.
Millions of rounds downrange have proven the design
Have they though? First it was the drop issue, then this. With plenty of people that carry them for a living making the claims and suing.. Do I know it's a faulty gun? Hell no. Seems a POSSIBILITY? Yes. But I will say the odds of this many issues being all operator error are laughably slim. If "operator error" is that easy or commonplace with it, I would think that would be an issue the manufacturer may want to address.

I don't really care what anyone carries or likes. What I do care about is safety especially in the firearm world.

Last Edited:
Have they though? First it was the drop issue, then this. With plenty of people that carry them for a living making the claims and suing.. Do I know it's a faulty gun? Hell no. Seems a POSSIBILTIY? Yes. But I will say the odds of this many issues being all operator error are laughably slim. If "operator error" is that easy or commonplace with it, I would think that would be an issue the manufacturer may want to address.

I don't really care what anyone carries or likes. What I do care about is safety especially in the firearm world.
A lot of things can "seem" to be this or that.
Then when it gets picked apart and analyzed, the results might not be what it seemed.

The fact is, they just can't prove that the trigger was not pulled in some way, shape or form in the lawsuits.
I am sure that this frustrates those in the Church of P320 Spontaneous Combustion.
It's always some form of negligence or improper firearms handling.
One could argue that the P320 in civvie form is not as resistant to improper handling as other designs.
But no one can show that it self-discharges.

Years from now, that will still stand and we'll be on to another pistol design that is "unsafe at any speed" just like Glock and M&P before.

A lot of things can "seem" to be this or that.
Then when it gets picked apart and analyzed, the results might not be what it seemed.

The fact is, they just can't prove that the trigger was not pulled in some way, shape or form in the lawsuits.
I am sure that this frustrates those in the Church of P320 Spontaneous Combustion.
It's always some form of negligence or improper firearms handling.
One could argue that the P320 in civvie form is not as resistant to improper handling as other designs.
But no one can show that it self-discharges.

Years from now, that will still stand and we'll be on to another pistol design that is "unsafe at any speed" just like Glock and M&P before.
Nah, years from now we will be talking about biometrics failing or maybe even just reminiscing about the good old days when you could actually buy a gun. :(

You make good points as well. I'm not a member of any church BTW. Some where in one of these 320 boom threads I posted about my want of an X-Five.

Why does the video start by showing the officer being recorded from a waste level camera? Without any sound i can't make out where the gun went off? Seems kind of fishy to me but the follow up article about the guns being replaced does lend some credence but I don't care enough to research further.

I don't like Sig 320's or Glocks so I don't care either way. I will take my Springfield XD mod 2 over either of them.

Last Edited:
Why does the video start by showing the officer being recorded from a waste level camera? Without any sound i can't makebout where thebgun went off. Seems kind of fishy to me but the follow up article about the guns being replaced does lend some creedence but I don't care enough to research further.

I dont like Sig 320's or Glocks so I dont care either way. I will take my Springfield XD mod 2 over either of them.
People like the Springfield XD?

People like the Springfield XD?
I have never owned or shot Springfield XD.

My Springfield XD mod 2 3.3" in .45acp is the nicest plastic pistol I have ever shot. The trigger is excellent and the ergonomics (for me) are worlds better than the Glocks, plastic SIGs or any other plastic pistol I own or have shot. With an extended magazine and Springfield mag spacer the 3.3" shoots like a full sized pistol and feels like it has a solid long grip instead of an extended magazine with a spacer while still being very concealable with the flush magazine. Also, being a big 1911 fan, I love Springfields implementation of the grip safety on the XD mod 2, I have never once noticed it even being there.

No, I don't like my Springfiled XD mod 2 3.3" in .45acp... I LOVE IT!

Last Edited:
I find it funny, people see a problem with any firearm on the planet.
And Glock is the solution. And every thread ever created as such ends up the same.

Reality Check.
The best firearm used, is not a brand. Its a person and whom its used by.
And at what performance can they use it.
Its allot like a Rodeo rider. Its not the horse. Its the rider.
On this........ unofficial lets bash Sig thread.
No one is realizing that things happen.
A Glock and Sigs are tools. And no one has yet done professional testing on this issues.
Could be something like how they are holstered. I don't know. I don't own that model.
I Also know, no one is showing testing other then a few really bad videos.

I'd love the xds 45 mod 2 if I could snag a 4"bbl and a few of those rare 7rnd magazines they used to make for the mod 2s.

Over my Glock 36, I chose this simply because its the only single stack 45 I know of with rail/optic capabilities in its size.

And Glock is the solution. And every thread ever created as such ends up the same.

Reality Check.
A Glock and Sigs are tools. And no one has yet done professional testing on this issues.
Could be something like how they are holstered. I don't know. I don't own that model.
Who's making it about Glock?

Edited: Ok, yeah I need to skim less. :D

Reality Check.
Wrong. The solution is hi-point.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top