JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

SB 941, the universal gun owner registration bill is now scheduled for THIS FRIDAY!

Please take a moment for a last minute blast opposing the bill to the following House Reps:

Rep Paul Evans 503-986-1420 [email protected]

Rep Brent Barton 503-986-1440 [email protected]

Rep Deborah Boone 503-986-1432 [email protected]

Rep Brian Clem 503-986-1421 [email protected]

Rep Betty Komp 503-986-1422 [email protected]

Rep Caddy McKeown 503-986-1409 [email protected]

Please Act Now.

Simple message: NO ON SB 941!

It's now or never folks. You know if they pass this, they won't stop here.

Let's light them up.

UP DATE

1.jpg

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

SB 941, the universal gun owner registration bill is now scheduled for THIS Monday!

The bill was listed as scheduled for a floor session Friday. They have now moved it back to Monday. Things are changing VERY fast. We will keep you informed as info comes in.

Please take a moment for a last minute blast opposing the bill to the following House Reps:

Rep Paul Evans 503-986-1420 [email protected]

Rep Brent Barton 503-986-1440 [email protected]

Rep Deborah Boone 503-986-1432 [email protected]

Rep Brian Clem 503-986-1421 [email protected]

Rep Betty Komp 503-986-1422 [email protected]

Rep Caddy McKeown 503-986-1409 [email protected]

Please Act Now.

Simple message: NO ON SB 941!

It's now or never folks. You know if they pass this, they won't stop here.

Let's light them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent emails to all 6 on that list.
Took me 10 minutes total.
Don't get passive with this...it's too important.
Take the time, make the effort. If they win, you'll never know if your effort would have made a difference.
Wouldn't it be great if it did??
Let them know that THEY WORK FOR US.

Me too. simply copy this text to your clipboard: NO ON SB 941!

then click on each email address above, and paste NO ON SB 941! in the subject and message area. Press send and repeat. Won't event take 30 seconds.

here is the text of the message I sent to the above political hacks.
Feel free to use, edit or adulterate in any way you see fit...as long as it's used to defeat 941.

"As a voter, tax payer, life-long Oregonian, and responsible gun owner, I am respectfully requesting that you vote NO on SB 941.
This poorly conceived bill is nothing more than a personal agenda. It will do nothing more that other laws already on the books do, except turn legal gun owners into criminals for exercising their 2A rights.
If you vote to pass this bill, I will , along with thousands of angry citizens, support every possible venue to get you out of office. Recalls, future elections, everything. I will support them financially, and with my time and energy.
Do not take this lightly. You are playing with fire here. Bad laws are simply that...BAD.
Do not put your name on severely flawed legislation. To do so will put you in political peril like we have not seen in Oregon (but they have in Colorado!).
Respectfully,
John XXXXX"

Sent from my iPhone

To the members of the House of Representatives of the State of Oregon,

Why SB 941 is a poorly written bill:

• It imposes an additional tax on Federally licensed collectors
  • It imposes an additional tax on citizens who possess a valid Concealed carry license
  • It will not prevent domestic abuse. Background checks winnow out only those convicted of a crime, not those who may commit domestic abuse
  • It will not prevent known criminals from access to firearms
  • It will criminalize citizens who loan firearms to friends for temporary use
  • It will criminalize citizens who temporarily transfer possession to others for the safety of themselves or others
  • It will overload a system which is already rife with glitches,errors,slow-downs and produces unnecessary delays and false denials
  • It is labeled an emergency where none exists
For these reasons the only common sense is to vote NO on SB 941

here is the text of the message I sent to the above political hacks.
Feel free to use, edit or adulterate in any way you see fit...as long as it's used to defeat 941.

"As a voter, tax payer, life-long Oregonian, and responsible gun owner, I am respectfully requesting that you vote NO on SB 941.
This poorly conceived bill is nothing more than a personal agenda. It will do nothing more that other laws already on the books do, except turn legal gun owners into criminals for exercising their 2A rights.
If you vote to pass this bill, I will , along with thousands of angry citizens, support every possible venue to get you out of office. Recalls, future elections, everything. I will support them financially, and with my time and energy.
Do not take this lightly. You are playing with fire here. Bad laws are simply that...BAD.
Do not put your name on severely flawed legislation. To do so will put you in political peril like we have not seen in Oregon (but they have in Colorado!).
Respectfully,
John XXXXX"

Sent from my iPhone

They are not reading them anymore, just counting them now.

I made one simple statement on the last emails sent and the recordings.

If they vote for and pass SB941, we and everyone we know will be voting Republican on every election from here foreward.
End of discussion !

My Email was this...
Please consider a "NO" vote on this poorly crafted bill that only serves to punish law abiding citizens and NOT criminals or the mentally ill from obtaining weapons.
We can do better than this and retain our 2nd amendment rights that are guaranteed to us under the U.S. Constitution.
It does nothing to keep firearms out of the hands of those who sole purpose is to harm. It serves no purpose other than to reduce our freedoms.
Please, as a retired police officer, reconsider your stand and vote no on this and keep America free!
Not one homicide or violent crime committed was committed by a suspect legally obtaining a firearm from a law abiding citizen while I served. They stole them or bought them off the street from gang members or Cartel.
Knives & vehicles kill far more than guns, is that next?
XXXXXX
Retired Modesto Ca police officer

I just sent emails to all 6 on that list.
Took me 10 minutes total.
Don't get passive with this...it's too important.
Take the time, make the effort. If they win, you'll never know if your effort would have made a difference.
Wouldn't it be great if it did??
Let them know that THEY WORK FOR US.

Ahhh man, your killin me here! It took me all of forty min to do that! I type like molasses!:(

GO GET 'EM GUYS!!!

Last Edited:
Hey, I think my Rep. is on the fence on some parts of the Bill! Emphasize the No Lending/safekeeping without a BG check/transfer part of the Bill! Arne K said he had a phone conversation with his aid that went well.

Call and write A.S.A.P., he might be persuaded!

member_photo-jpg.230381.jpg Representative John Lively
Democrat - District 12 - Springfield
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1412
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE H-488, Salem, Oregon 97301
Email: [email protected]

Hey, I think my Rep. is on the fence on some parts of the Bill! Emphasize the No Lending/safekeeping without a BG check/transfer part of the Bill! Arne K said he had a phone conversation with his aid that went well.

View attachment 235926 Representative John Lively
Capitol Phone:
503-986-1412
Sent!:rolleyes:

View attachment 235926 Representative John Lively
Capitol Phone:
503-986-1412

Done!

Another point I'm making, because it pisses me off, is that I'm being denied to even vote on this. Rep Gomberg got back to me stressing the need for discussion, and some seriously Bloomberg imfluenced statistics. What discussion? I am being silenced and excluded to the extent that they area able.

Well, since everyone is showing theirs, I guess I'll show you mine :)

This is actually expanded on a response on Oregonlive I had to someone who said "This gun measure is so minor...". Hopefully it gives others brainstorming for something to write some ideas of their own. Otherwise, please plagiarize away :)

• Police do not have the resources to enforce the law. Even the OSP had the bill changed from "SHALL" investigate all denials to "MAY". i.e. they don't want to invest resources into something with a low return on law enforcement and public safety.
  • Oregon is safer than States with Background checks". Using the same methods employed by Everytown for Gun Safety (CDC data from 2008-2012) using same method as Everytown, the gun homicide rates are:
  1. o Oregon = 1.4 gun homicides per 100,000 residents.
  2. o California = 3.8.
  3. o In states with background checks = 3.7
  • It raises the costs of used firearms. i.e. the equivalent of a poll-tax, or unfunded mandate. Most people will just buy new for anything under $500. Good for the gun-manufacturers!
  • The burden is on the stores to act as the middleman to enforce a government law on the private transaction of two individuals exchanging a product the store doesn't even sell.
  • Many small gun-stores may not participate: There are many private FFL's and big-box sporting stores who will NOT participate. That leaves the mom-and-pop stores who will have to raise their prices or refuse to participate due to insurance and liability issues. Thereby making it more difficult (a burden) to perform firearm transactions between two private citizens. Some unscrupulous gun store owners see it as an opportunity for new business and hope to see an influx of government conscripted customers that have no choice but the pay the price they set. A gun dealer from California testimony in favor of SB941 during the House hearings expressed exactly that sentiment!
  • I was present at both the Senate and House testimonies for SB941. There was not one example of a life saved or crime prevented if SB941 had been implemented in the past. Lots of "maybes" "possibly" and "hopefully" statements, but not one "if SB941 were law, this crime would not have happened".
  • The private sale "loophole" in Oregon is based on speculative information. No one knows in Oregon the sources of where criminals get their guns! We have convicts currently residing in Oregon prisons we could ask "where did you get your gun". So why not ask and make an informed vote based on actual statistical data, before passing a law that could see private citizens with nothing more than a parking ticket on file Be arrested and treated like felons?
  • SB941 collects more information than needed to perform a background check. Unless we start passing laws that say "Person A can only buy shotguns, person B can buy only handguns", collecting firearm information should not be used as part of a check to determine if a person can legally possess a firearm, or not.
  • Amendments that would have eased the burden on the state background check system and law-abiding citizens were identified, but roundly defeated on a partisan vote. Invalidating Class 03 FFL's? Ignoring the benefits of expanded background checks that Concealed Carry holders have to go thru? I guess Michael Bloomberg really is getting what he paid for!
Hopefully this gives you a taste as to some of the reasons why this measure is NOT "so minor" for a lot of people.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR