JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know if petitions will make a difference at this poin t, but if somebody could write up a page containing:

(1) A warning about this bill and the upcoming vote, and below that
(2) the names, numbers, and email addresses of all the Democrat Representatives with emphasis on the six or so "swing" votes that most need to be called, and
(3) a suggested message for people to convey, or email, or leave on voice mail,

and print up a bunch of them, it would be worth spending the entire weekend standing at the door personally handing them out.

You could extract what you need from the OFF alerts- and if you could print their logo at the top it would be great. (I realize the show opens at 9AM tomorrow so this is a tall order for a suggestion, no doubt - but this is our Valley Forge here in Oregon and if we can stop this creep Bloomburglar here, it will *really* throw a monkey wrench into his works... the narcissistic little bastard thinks he's invincible at this point).

The gun show promoters will support you in this, too.

I just sent my emails to all those listed here by Oregon Firearms Federation, and have been doing so to all of Oregon's elected officials from the beginning of this agenda driven nonsense! While OFF's email samples are okay, and I use them occasionally, I prefer to conjure them up in my own words, sending the same one to all of them. I think emails, in general, probably have more effect on the legislators when they are more personal than a given form style of email.

I sent out 2-3 volleys of emails to all the demo rats this am and make two phone calls. I'll do the same on Sunday morning. Hope everyone does the same. And, on Monday! thanks. tkdguy

Now in Beitbart News Tonight! As Senate Bill 941 continues to make its way through Oregon's legislature–ostensibly to reduce gun violence and do away with Sandy Hook-style attacks–many people are realizing the that bill's true impact will be seen in higher gun prices without any real preventative against the kind of attack Adam Lanza carried out on December 14, 2012.
SB 941's central component is a system of expanded background checks for law-abiding Oregonians. That means every gun sale–whether retail or private–will have to got through a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL).

This isn't free, so to cover the added expense SB 941 mandates a new, additional fee for background checks. Oregon Live shows that the additional fee could be as little as $10 or as much as $40 or $50 per gun–for now.

In other words, your great buy on a used Glock for $400 just jumped to $450.

Another aspect of SB 941 is that it broadens legalized firearm confiscation in Oregon, by requiring judges "to determine" whether an individual ordered to received outpatient mental care is unfit for gun possession. It would do this by taking laws for persons who undergo inpatient mental health care and applying them to persons who receive outpatient care.

In addition to the expanded background checks, the higher gun prices, and the broadened confiscation laws, it is crucial to note that SB 941 simply will not stop high profile attackers from getting the guns they need to commit heinous acts against innocent people.

As Bretibart News previously reported, Jared and Amanda Miller (Las Vegas), Aaron Ybarra (Seattle Pacific University), Elliot Rodger (Santa Barabara), Ivan Lopez (Fort Hood 2014), Darion Marcus Aguilar (Maryland mall), Karl Halverson Pierson (Arapahoe High School), Paul Ciancia (LAX), Aaron Alexis (DC Navy Yard), James Holmes (Aurora theater), Jared Loughner (Tucson), Nidal Hasan (Fort Hood 2009), Jiverly Wong (Binghamton), Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Tech), and Naveed Haq (Seattle), all passed background checks for their guns.

On top of this, attackers like Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook Elementary) and Jacob Roberts (Clackamus Town Center) acquire their guns via theft, so no amount of gun control can rein them in.

The cumulative effect of all of these things is that the SB 941 is gun control for gun control's sake, regardless of proponents' claims to the contrary. And this is why Oregon Sheriffs David Daniel (Josephine County) and Glenn Palmer (Grant County) have already said they will not enforce SB 941 if it passes.

It's also why Oregon gun store owners like Karl Durkheimer are questioning whether they will follow the new background check requirement, should it pass. Oregon Live reports that Durkheimer "doubts requiring private sellers to pass background checks will stop criminals. And he's not sure he'll even agree to run the checks, saying it doesn't look like a good fit for his business."

But Sandy Hook Promise, Everytown for Gun Safety, Moms Demand Action, and SB 941 sponsor–state senator Floyd Prozanski (D-Eugene) are all in. Despite indisputable evidence to the contrary, they keep pushing the bill as a way to fight crime and Sandy Hook-style attacks.

SB 941 could receive final approval from the Oregon House on Monday.

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRhawkins. Reach him directly at [email protected].

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top