Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

laser cast bullets

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Cell Block 726, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Cell Block 726

Cell Block 726 Oregon Member

I have great luck with these.. but my order came in for various calibers and I got 38-40 180 gr .401 bullets....I needed 40 cal/10mm.. will they still work for .40 s&w?? Or should I return..

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

.401 is 40cal all you would need to do is look in your reloading book.

3. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

38-40 bullets should have a roll-crimp groove,not needed on a pistol round,as they take a taper crimp.May or may not work depending on how the bullet sits in the case.Also,most 38-40 bullets are flat point,and may not feed in a semi auto all that well. I'd call LC and ask .

and then again I may not know what the heck I"m talking about,it's late. LOL

4. Cell Block 726

Cell Block 726 Oregon Member

Oregon trail bullet says they will work...labeled different but same bullet..good customer service!

5. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

I think they will work, but there might be some subtle differences in ogive which may affect feeding. If OTB is saying it works, try it. OTB and LC both turn out really good quality bullets, part of the reason I got out of the casting biz, wasn't worth competing.