Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Large gun shop named after east coast ocean prefers auctions?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by DEADTIME, Jan 10, 2013.

1. DEADTIME

DEADTIME Coeur D alene Active Member

So I can't help but notice when I visit this gun shops website everything is sold out, yet when I go on gunbroker.com that same company seems to have plenty of guns for auction selling for hundreds more than their website.

This strikes me as dishonest, if you want to gouge people and get what you can just have the balls to say call us and make us an offer rather than saying its not in stock......unless you go bid on it...then magically we have some for sale.

Nothing wrong with supply and demand but listing a rifle as not in stock and then auctioning it off for more is chickenbubblegum. Ask more for it on your website, be honest about it.

2. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Well, they're trying to maximize their gouging. Good luck with that. Alienating your customer base is almost always a sure fire road to failure.

3. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

I wonder how many letters they've written to elected officials and what measures are they taking to combat the battles ahead?

Hhhmmmmm..... I wonder how many other price gouging shop owners have done anything?

SF-

4. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

I will just add them to my list of companies not to do business with along with Cheaper Than Dirt and others.

5. mckenzb

mckenzb Vancouver, WA Member

You guys are alienating the gun companies, but in all reality they have no choice. It's survival of the fittest at this point. The distributors are having the same problem with supply that the customers are having. It's just not there to be purchased like it use to be. These companies are forced to raise their prices, because they have no idea if that profit is going to be what they have to survive on for weeks or possibly months, because of the supply problem were currently facing.

wakejoe and (deleted member) like this.
  6. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

it is out of stock because it is already promised for sale on gunbroker...

7. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member