Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kroger (Fred Meyer) Stands Their Ground

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by balaperdida, Aug 22, 2014.

1. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

2. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

3. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Ya, lets get some copy and paste action here; don't worry it is not plagiarism.

4. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Kroger Chain Respects Your Right to Self Defense
    Published on Wednesday, August 20, 2014
    Tags:Failed Gun Control|Grass Roots North Carolina|GRNC|Gun Rights|Kroger|Mayor Bloomberg|Moms Demand Action
    Kroger.jpg?b8e915
    Kroger Chain Respects Your Right to Self Defense

Grass-Roots-North-Carolina-Logo.jpg?b8e915
    Grass Roots North Carolina

North Carolina --(Ammoland.com)-That’s the thing with nagging: by definition, it never, ever stops.

Once again, “Moms Demand a Gun Ban” has attempted to bully a retailer into banning guns from its stores.

This time they went after Kroger. Fortunately, it seems that management at Kroger sees the Moms for what they are: Michael Bloomberg’s bought-and-paid-for astroturf, and so their effort to pester Kroger into banning guns has failed. Kroger spokesman, Keith Dailey, has stated:

That is why our long-standing policy on this issue is to follow state and local laws and to ask customers to be respectful of others while shopping. We know that our customers are passionate on both sides of this issue and we trust them to be responsible in our stores.”

For standing strong in the face of Bloomberg’s well-funded anti-gun matrons, Kroger deserves some positive feedback. Please take a moment to send a note to Kroger to thank them for being so reasonable, and encourage them to continue to stand strong. Below, you’ll find contact information and a suggested message you can use to thank and encourage Kroger.

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!

E-mail Kroger. Cick here to access their contact form (or: https://www.kroger.com/customercomments). Use the copy/paste message provided below.

Tweet the following message:

Another peaceful, law-abiding gun owner who will continue to spend money at @Kroger because they respect my rights. #GunsSaveLives

DELIVER THIS MESSAGE

Thank You for Respecting Gun Owners

Dear Customer Relations Representative:

It is my understanding that an extreme anti-gun group has mounted a campaign to pressure Kroger into banning guns from its stores. It’s shameful that this tiny but noisy group is unnecessarily dragging Kroger into the national gun debate. However, since they have brought Kroger into the discussion, I am writing to thank you for not succumbing to the unreasonable demands of this small but shrill group.

I am a peaceful law-abiding gun owner, and as a rule, I only shop where I know my rights are respected. Banning guns at your stores would do nothing to make your customers and employees safer, but you would be turning away countless gun-owning customers like me, who would simply take their business elsewhere. For this reason, remaining neutral on this topic is the right way for Kroger to go, and I greatly appreciate your company’s stance.

Thank you for standing firm against the pressure brought by this small group of anti-gun extremists. Please continue to keep Kroger safe, and continue to invite all peaceful, law-abiding shoppers, including gun owners.

I will continue to monitor this issue via alerts from Grass Roots North Carolina.

Respectfully,

Lies Told by Moms Demanding Action

Click here to learn the full details of the deceptions spread by the so-called Moms Demanding Action (or rather Moms Demanding Gun Bans).

About: Grass Roots North Carolina is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to preserving the freedoms guaranteed us by the Bill of Rights. Our main focus is the right to keep and bear arms. GRNC was central to drafting and passing North Carolina’s concealed handgun law and since that time has continued to push for improvements to gun laws. Visit:www.grnc.org

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2014/08/kroger-chain-respects-your-right-to-self-defense/#ixzz3B97SxNvX
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

gryghin likes this.
  5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I always shopped at Kroger's when I lived back east and I always shop at Fred Meyer now. In fact, I am in there at least once a day. Glad to see them stand up to this fake group.

6. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

If you want to have some fun, you can actually interact with some of the Moms Demand Action characters in the general Kroger facebook post page.

7. GrpCapMandrake

GrpCapMandrake Vancouver Active Member

That got old fast, its exhausting dealing with ignorant people.

I actually have to go grocery shopping tonight. Guess I will go to the FM to do so.

8. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

sounds like they got their bloomies in a wad

9. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

When I tried to email them in their form email box it wouldn't send, I assumed because I wasn't registered.

10. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That would be funny if they did not want me to carry the gun I bought there.

soberups and Modeler like this.
  11. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. I find it useful, informative, and occasionally entertaining to see what can be found in other forums.

Thanks to Chee-to for posting the original.

12. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

I just supplied my email add. and they accepted my thank you.
    Didn't fill out the complete form..........I ain't no FOO!:)

13. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

I bought a Ruger LCR at my local Fred Meyer a couple of years ago and I carry it in there on a regular basis.

14. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

I do also. Just have to many to keep up with as is. Especially with my limited internet most days

15. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just sent a warm thank you note to Kroger. Good job by them!:D