JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a Kodiak brand 22 mag semi auto. All I've been able to find out is that they made rifles and shotguns from '63 to'66. Seems to be a quality rifle. Anyone know any more about them? Says North Haven Conn. on the barrel.

Found this on the web.

Previous manufacturer located in North Haven, CT circa 1963-66.
Kodiak Co. was in business for only a short time. They produced the first .22 Mag. semi-auto rifle (Model 260), as well as a centerfire bolt action (Model 158 Deluxe), and a slide action shotgun (Model 458). While Kodiak long guns are rare and extremely well made, collectability to date has been minimal with most specimens selling at a slight premium over similar quality trade name counterparts of that era. Prior to 1963, Kodiak firearms were marketed under the trade name of Jefferson.

Some parts avail here http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.a...l=7380z260&MC=

Thanks RockKrawler! This gun got my attention because I like the 22mag and semi autos are not plentiful. It does seem to be a quality rifle. It does shoot good.

I have been collecting these 260s for quite a while I have 5 0f them. The asking prices are very high. Some have the charging handle of the left in front of the receiver.
Some have the handle on the right side of the receiver. The main weakness seems to be the charging handle is made of plastic. I had some made out of high strength aluminum. I do have a couple of extras I would be willing to sell. As I am about thru collecting.