JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Story #1
Many years ago a friend and I went out shooting in the desert. He borrowed an HK 91 from a mutual friend. He liked to mag dump and sometimes not at very good targets. When he did laundry a few days later he found two, .30 holes in the bottom of his Levis, ricochet when right through the fold above his foot. Think he learned from that.

Story #2 (much funnier)
My brother was a competitive archer with a recurve in college. He would practice, in his room at night, drawing his bow...with an arrow in place. With target bows you use a "clicker" so at the end of the draw you train yourself to release when you pull the arrow through the clicker. You guessed it, click, release, uh oh.

My bedroom was on the other side of the closet he shot through. The arrow went into my room, onto my bed (with me sleeping) and caught on a blanket. So when he came running into my room he saw his arrow which looked like it was sticking into me! I never woke up and didn't hear the story for several years...but I did wonder why I had a hole in the back of my closet.

Mini story #3
I do have a 22 round stuck into the outside wall of the mancave...likely from neighbors poorly shooting at coyote.

Mini story #3
I do have a 22 round stuck into the outside wall of the mancave...likely from neighbors poorly shooting at coyote.

I have a Stihl chainsaw with a .22 bullet stuck in the plastic from where it ricocheted off the aluminum head. I love that old saw, have owned it for many, many years. I leave the bullet in it as a reminder to be more careful...

MY dad almost beat this into us boys. Know your target, know how many points, are on your target and KNOW WHATS BEHIND YOUR TARGET. That was dads thing. And it stuck.

Bonus : Clip
My friend shot me in the foot with an unloaded gun o_O
I have a permanently dead toenail that pretty much only grows a 1/8 every year or more.
It damaged a nerve that stimulates growth..........
.so here to you Roland :s0010: thank for that shot with the unloaded gun .:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top