JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like fairly accurate data to me. I wouldn't argue with John William's (Shadowstats.com) charts, several of which they show in the article. Metals and commodities data looks reliable. Can't say whether the historic ratios they mention (as do others) will be seen again, but I would not bet against it.

Looks like fairly accurate data to me. I wouldn't argue with John William's (Shadowstats.com) charts, several of which they show in the article. Metals and commodities data looks reliable. Can't say whether the historic ratios they mention (as do others) will be seen again, but I would not bet against it.

The data isnt the problem, its the data he is choosing to share. IE I could show you a chart of houseing prices over the past 3 years and claim we are suffering from massive deflation, I could also show you a chart of giold prices and claim we are suffering from massive inflation. Basically never beleive someone who is trying to sell you something... This site is quoting good sources but picking and choosing what they want to show in order to support their claim that you need to invest in silver and gold...

Woh! look at that convient link at the top of the page that sends you straight to some gold and silver retailers...

Research it a bit, google and wiki turn up plenty.

That being said I agree we are headed for inflation I just hate people who use statistics to lie and cheat people from their money.

Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics. Im sure they are all 100% correct in what they measure. Would you like me to pull data that shows we have been in a deflationary cycle? Its out there, it is also 100% correct. :D

Yep, show me where we have been under deflation since 1900:D

jj

The data isnt the problem, its the data he is choosing to share. IE I could show you a chart of houseing prices over the past 3 years and claim we are suffering from massive deflation, I could also show you a chart of giold prices and claim we are suffering from massive inflation...

It sure makes trying to figure out the future, er, "interesting." There are some sharp people in the inflation camp, and some sharp people in the deflation camp. I notice that many of them believe there will be deflation and inflation, but they differ as to which one will come first. I try to keep it simple; debt is increasing (so-called "quantitative easing"), and $USD demand is decreasing worldwide ($USD trend line has gone from the upper left to the lower right). That tells me we have monetary inflation, which leads to price inflation.

Inflation will be comodities we use every day going up.

Deflation will be the value of property going down.

Till we all run out of money.

jj

Yep, show me where we have been under deflation since 1900:D

jj

That's just down right easy. Since 1900 the cost of transportation has been falling dramatically. Just look at the % of household income spent on covered wagons and buggywhips.

If that doesn't work for you we could chart the cost per unit to produce say... A tshirt by % of the overhead. Again it would show a huge increase in the buying power of the dollar.

I'm on my Iphone otherwise I would make some pretty charts with obtuse titles and colored lines. :D

That's just down right easy. Since 1900 the cost of transportation has been falling dramatically. Just look at the % of household income spent on covered wagons and buggywhips.

If that doesn't work for you we could chart the cost per unit to produce say... A tshirt by % of the overhead. Again it would show a huge increase in the buying power of the dollar.

I'm on my Iphone otherwise I would make some pretty charts with obtuse titles and colored lines. :D

Cherry picking again huh:s0114::s0114: Well lets get down to the bare bones then. Transportation by feet (Lamberfeeties):D How much did an American pair of shoes or boots cost in 1900 and how much does an American shoe or boot today?

jj

It sure makes trying to figure out the future, er, "interesting." There are some sharp people in the inflation camp, and some sharp people in the deflation camp. I notice that many of them believe there will be deflation and inflation, but they differ as to which one will come first.

My uneducated blue-collar brain would label this as currency/price instability. Which by it's nature would make it unpredictable from an economic standpoint. However human nature is predictable and what people buy when things get unstable depends on the region and severity of the crisis. IMHO people will abandon durable goods and buy consumeables. Which is pretty much exactly what JJ just wrote. :D

...IMHO people will abandon durable goods and buy consumeables. Which is pretty much exactly what JJ just wrote. :D

Yup. Will buy consumable necessities. Prices will rise faster than income (which always lags).Those with spare funds will shun paper and buy collectibles, and tangibles also.

Cherry picking again huh:s0114::s0114: Well lets get down to the bare bones then. Transportation by feet (Lamberfeeties):D How much did an American pair of shoes or boots cost in 1900 and how much does an American shoe or boot today?

jj

LMAO!!! Find me an American made shoe or boot!!!

It would be really easy to show a custom made all leather brand named shoe made on 1900, compare by cost to % of monthly income. Dump the same formula against todays American brand-name shoe (but stamped out in china by the billions) and again I can show deflation.

Which is my whole point. This NIA article is from a biased source, it is picking the chart to show you with out giving the background information. I would also suspect he gets a pay per click kickback off those links.

I like haveing all those charts to compare and being an old fug I know how prices have risen. You are not going to tell me they haven't and me believe it :s0114::s0114: Maybe you might look to yourself when you use the word bias:D:D

I think they did a fine job with all the charts, what you do with the info is up to you.

jj:D

The only hope this country has of ever repaying our debt, is with inflated dollar$.
We just don't produce what we used to.
Our natural resources are locked up. The majority of those that aren't are sold elsewhere because:
Our ability to build and operate new facilities has been hamstrung.
Our labor costs are no longer competitive.
[/chapter 1]

And the next time a politician is telling you he/she/they is/are making a "deal" that will open more new markets for American goods, have a look at what the average worker in that market makes.

People in 3rd world countries, or that live under communist regimes (read: tightly controlled wages/economy) that make ~$12/week don't buy American made goods. They can't afford to buy our stuff.

Bill Clinton didn't have your best interests in mind when he opened the door to huge trade volume with China.
He was doing Sam Walton's bidding. Of course Hillary was on the board of Wal-Mart inc. at the time, so there was some benefit to the Clinton's personally,...
And he sold us on the idea that they'd be buying our stuff. The same story has been used ever since.
It doesn't work, but they keep selling, and 'mericans keep buying.
[/chapter 2]

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top