JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been having a hard time finding a Kimber 1911 with a rail. Yeah yeah, say what you will about "better brands" I don't care. I'm really just looking for the frame and planning to modify from there. Seems like Kimber discontinued all their railed-frame models a little over a year ago. Some TLE/RLs pop up regularly, but look pretty well worn. The Warrior, TFS, KHX, and Tactical Entry are more difficult or expensive. Information has been hard to find regarding new production for rails, I know it's a long shot but does anyone have any inside info or insight to when/if production might start up again?

So you just want a railed frame for a build? There's a bunch of Turkish built railed 1911's out there right now that are inexpensive to use as a base. It's not the most economical solution,, but it could get you started. Although I'm not sure of the build quality they sell the heck out of them.

Essex used to sell builder frames and there were a couple of others back in the day.

I still see plenty of railed offerings on Kimbers website, so I'm not sure they are discontinued, probably just not readily available in todays whacko market.

Caspian makes a railed frame for your custom project.

Yeah, that's what is so frustrating is they all show up on the website but not in stores. I've heard great things about the Caspian frames but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I don't know why but the Kimber rail underbite is really what I'm after.

Yeah, that's what is so frustrating is they all show up on the website but not in stores. I've heard great things about the Caspian frames but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I don't know why but the Kimber rail underbite is really what I'm after.
Yep, Kimber did a good job on their rail guns, sexy beasts!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top