JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kimber Manufacturing, a company that makes a variety of firearms and ammunition, is transitioning its corporate headquarters from New York to its facility in Troy, Alabama.

The decision to change the location of the company's headquarters was first announced last week, and much of the work has already been completed.

A release from the company notes that "leadership, R&D and manufacturing resources" are now in place at the 225,000 square-foot facility in Troy.

Kimber is now "adding staff across all departments" to complete the transition.

Many states are finding out the "hard way". Up here Boeing has long been slowly leaving. It is not as important as it used to be but damn, it is still a LOT of money. I was living here in the 70's when it got real bad for them and someone paid to put up a billboard saying "Will the last person leaving Seattle turn out the lights". People soon forget and the state has been laughing while this HUGE employer keeps moving. :confused:

Not too surprising. So often the tax and regulatory BS gets so bad a company has to flee a state. I've seen it so countless times, including organizations I or a family worked for. Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs, yet they don't get it.

It seems worth noting the NRA also left NY, for a lot of reasons, one of them political. NY has become even more unfriendly to gun owners/advocates/manufacturers, and they should not be surprised when organizations like KImber leave.

While I could say that is NY's problem, I am concerned that other states or the Federal gov't. will soon follow suit. It's going to become very interesting and may be a major factor in if people decide to relocate. My bro-in-law, for instance, lives in a gun-opposing state. He and my sister are seriously thinking about relocation to someplace more gun-friendly. I can't say that I blame them, and may follow suit.

Given that I am looking at retirement in the next four years or so, Wyoming is look pretty enticing. Conservative, more gun-friendly, and they don't tax retirement income. The cons? Wicked cold and windy in the winter.

Just my two cents' worth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top