JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kids did a lot of shooting this summer. They are back in school, so I did a deep clean this week before I put their rifles back in storage. They shoot 22lr, so I was very clear to let them know that rimfire ammo can be unreliable. The kids knew to watch out for squibs. I've been meticulous about cleaning the rifles after we get home from the range, but I've been "cheating" by using bore cables and bore snakes instead of a bore brush on a rod. Found a bulge in one of the barrels, likely due to a squib. No idea how long it's been there. I couldn't feel the bulge with the bore snake or the bore brush on a cable, but l can feel it plain as day when I use a bore brush on a rod. So the take away is my kids need remedial training on squibs, and I need to go back to bore cleaning with rods. Sometimes the old ways are the best ways.

Kids did a lot of shooting this summer. They are back in school, so I did a deep clean this week before I put their rifles back in storage. They shoot 22lr, so I was very clear to let them know that rimfire ammo can be unreliable. The kids knew to watch out for squibs. I've been meticulous about cleaning the rifles after we get home from the range, but I've been "cheating" by using bore cables and bore snakes instead of a bore brush on a rod. Found a bulge in one of the barrels, likely due to a squib. No idea how long it's been there. I couldn't feel the bulge with the bore snake or the bore brush on a cable, but l can feel it plain as day when I use a bore brush on a rod. So the take away is my kids need remedial training on squibs, and I need to go back to bore cleaning with rods. Sometimes the old ways are the best ways.
Damn! How does the gun shoot now? Be interesting to see if it is still working well enough.
Range I belong to has rentals and of course they "say" you have to use their ammo when you rent. Of course not sure how many "cheat" since there is no way they could know for sure someone was not using other ammo. They for years had the Barrel of an AR9 laying on the counter that had blown. With sign saying this is why you have to use ammo you buy here to shoot our rentals. :(

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top