JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This subject has been beaten to death over the last few years, but shooters new to the AR World may not know of the Great Rail War.
And the two main rail choices before them.

The quad rail was ready for a new, lighter weight (and less snaggy) replacement.
Enter the competitors.
KeyMod vs M-LOK: Military Chooses The Winner - Pew Pew Tactical

There are some great deals on KeyMod as the industry moves away from it.
Looks like M-Lok is the future.

I like Keymod.

I think had the market invested the same R&D into keymod as they had with Mlok we'd have some really cool products.

The future probably will be Mlok.. but again.. Im invested in Keymod so thats what Im sticking with.

Many go on to talk about Mlok returning to zero.. I have no lasers or optics mounted via keymod, so it isnt a big deal for me. I see no difference for the avarage shooter. One of the cool things of Mlok is the QD rail systems they have now.. those are awesome.

I can't tell you which is better, but I own both and think both are fine. When I've had the choice I've chosen M-LOK because it's the more prevalent system. It's disappointing that some companies still insist on using KeyMod for certain offerings (such as LaRue).

In my opinion I think keymod is a lot easier to work with. The way the accessories mount and tighten is far easier than the little tabs on the mlok accessories.

Mlok won the war though because of Magpuls influences in the market.

Because of the latter, I have all Mlok.

Looks like M-Lok is the future.

Unless you are Remington. Then F both and create your own.

upload_2018-12-8_11-32-55.jpeg

My first FF rail was MLok so I stayed with it as I added more... I'm a big fan of modularity and platform-sharing.
That said, I rarely use any of the slots except for a QD sling swivel and maybe a WML... the rest are just lightening holes to reduce weight and cooling vents.

I wouldn't change from a favored rail system based on a blog, or what the military has adopted any more than I would develop a disdain for a caliber just because law enforcement decided to quit using it.
(That was thinly veiled pro .40 snark right there).

If you take stuff on and off all the time and I mean often then key mod is easier. M-lock seems to take abuse better and if you put something on to stay and not move it I feel M-lock is better.

I have both but any new stuff I get will be M-lock from now on.

By the way I have added M-lock to a Key mod rail with a bit of adaptation and it seems to work.

Good to know.

I have M-Lok and I'll keep with it to simplify attached items.

That report was in Post #1
The result:
But when it came to stress testing the two systems, M-LOK rifles could be dropped on the ground and 100% of the time, the attachments would stay securely fastened to the gun. For KeyMod, however, the success rate was a measly 33%.

Not that we recreational shooters are going to be throwing our schitt on the ground all the time...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top