JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glad I dodged that one, except my GF is also pretty BSC... she's outside floating on a blowup recliner in a kiddie pool while watching a 4K TV and eating popsicles... it only bothers me because of the proximity of the TV to a pool and it's MY GORAM TV!!!

I would have looked like a fool bashing M-LOK after seeming to be so fond of them.
Lolz

USSOCOM tested both extensively and found that M-Lok was vastly superior. They're currently testing M-Lok handguards now for the next revision to SOPMOD. So there's that…

Keymod is lighter. If you don't plan on mounting anything Keymod is better. Hera Arms Keymod is light, ignore the holes, and think of it like a carbon fiber handguard. Attachments & rails move around on Keymod, so it's not ideal if you plan on mounting a lazer sight to your gun. You can see just by looking M-Lok is gonna be stronger due to the cutouts being spaced further apart.

Wouldn't weight depend on the material and the rail design? SLR Helix rails are pretty featherweight.

That being said, I just transitioned all my picatinnys to M-LOK.

Just as Sony ( the king of the electronics world)killed HD DVD with blue ray, Magpul (the king of the AR accessory world) will squash keymod with m- lock... While Keymod has its advantages, you can go to any big box store and get magpul m lock accessories, keymod, not so much... I went with Keymod on 2 ars, and a centurion CMR with a proprietary attachment system on another... if you really want to be limited and spend a ton of $ on accessories you can always go with the troy alpha...

Just as Sony ( the king of the electronics world)killed HD DVD with blue ray, Magpul (the king of the AR accessory world) will squash keymod with m- lock... While Keymod has its advantages, you can go to any big box store and get magpul m lock accessories, keymod, not so much... I went with Keymod on 2 ars, and a centurion CMR with a proprietary attachment system on another... if you really want to be limited and spend a ton of $ on accessories you can always go with the troy alpha...
Kinda like getting the latest greatest new phone. By the time you can afford one, and can spring for it, the next generation comes out!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top