JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine of the same model, but the snap-on edition says,
1670BLKSO
KAI Patented
MADE IN USA

Interesting it's just a misprint. BTW: I see so many people with this knife now it's ridiculous. Just a count, how many people here own a Kershaw 1670BLK in any configuration?
*Raises Hand*

I've got one too, was depressed to see it at a gun show for half the price I picked mine up for.

And its marked

1670TBLKST
(Rectangle) Patented
MADE IN USA

MAR 07 is printed next to the handle on the blade.

There are knockoffs out there. We picked up a 1550ST at a gun show for like $15 (I paid about $45 for mine from an authorized dealer). After a few openings the liner lock broke and fell out. The markings were very similar to the real one (including Kershaw & Ken Onion logos, "Made in USA", etc.) but some countries *cough*CHINA*cough* don't care about patent infringements or registered trademarks.
We took it to Kershaw, they replaced it with a genuine one and wanted to keep the knockoff to see if they can track down who was/is making these.

It's just me but I'd have kept the mis-printed one, at least it would be different from all the others, and Kershaw already said it was not a fake. Although an extra $50 is pretty sweet. PS when is this winter sale of which you speak?

Last Edited:
Ya would have kept it and returned the cheaper I got to the store. Resulting in keeping the "special" blur and still saving me the $50. The blur could be like a miss stamped coin, worth more b/c they are rare.

PS when is this winter sale of which you speak?

Usually first weekend of December, at the factory. Watch their facebook page for the announcement, or the local paper. Expect a line over a block long...all three days. Kitchen knives will mostly be all new but at discounted prices. The hunting and pocket knives will mostly be "blemish" factory seconds and will have "XXXX" etched in the blade to indicate such - usually at a steep discount. Technically they don't carry the warranty, though I've never heard of anyone NOT getting full customer service on them just as though they were a retail knife (and they will mail you parts no questions asked as well). And you'd be hard pressed to figure out what the "blemish" is on most of them - most of my Kershaw and ZT knives (and all of my Shuns) came from the factory sales and I couldn't tell you why they failed to make the grade. Sometimes, I suspect they just grab cases of new knives and run them through to put the XXXX on them just so they'll have stock for the sale!

The other thing they'll do is sharpen all of your Kershaw/ZT/Shun knives while you are there - so you can bring a bag or box full of them and they'll sharpen while you shop. No charge. (You can also do that any time by stopping by the factory or mailing your knives to them...but it just gives you another excuse to go the factory sale).

Just search Kershaw Ener-G and you'll find info, reviews on Amazon, etc.
I've found that sometimes putting in the exact part number will turn up less results than the "popular" name of the knife.
As far as the OP's original mismarked Blur, it looked GTG according to the serrations and the thumb stud. Too exact to have been a fake.
I would have kept it once Kershaw verified it wasn't a fake. But getting one for basically free is a pretty sweet deal!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top