Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

KEL-Tec 380- I'M DONE

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by primo, Oct 25, 2010.

1. primo

primo south of seattle New Member

Took the 380 to the range today, pistol was cleaned and oiled. First mag, one FTE and again on the second. This gun has over 200 hundred rounds through it and still can't be trusted. This is not a matter of limp wristing or holding the pistol tight with both fingers. It' too bad these guns can't work all the time without the fluff and buff and other tweeks to make them operate. I won't ever buy another Kel-Tec product.

2. nick425

nick425 Eastside of Lake Washington Member

I carried one for 2 years and it never failed me once. Sorry to hear that man. It is definitely not a fun gun to shoot and the quality is subpar, but it went bang every time for me.

3. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

Send it back to Kel-Tec, they will make it right. If you don't want to mess with it I'll take it off your hands.

4. donovan

donovan Eugene, OR Member

had a small issue with my kel tec a while back, called kel tec and the not only covered shipping but they fixed it for free and had it back to me within 10 days. id trust my life with my kel tec.

5. W153R

W153R PDX New Member

How about the ammo? Try different grains/brands? For instance, I have tried UMC/Remington 9MM 115GR in both my P228 and P229, and just about every other mag the slide does not lock back on the last round. But with WWB 9MM 115GR, it does every single time.

6. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

got several KT's and don't have any problems with them. Even the P-40 with a .357 SIG barrel (or the standard .40) works everytime.

I'd offer to take the P-3AT off your hands but I've already got one.

The "Trade Ratings" is low by 3!
    Some people just don't post it I guess

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    WAC member
    ACSWW member

7. uscsoldier

uscsoldier Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

any gun that cost less than 1000 rounds of its own ammo is not a gun I would use for CCW;)

8. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

I had one that jammed enough for me to not trust it. The "fluff and buff" helped but not enough. As much as I wanted to I just couldn't trust a gun that isn't 100% reliable. It was sold to fund another project.

9. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

ELITIST!!! ;)

For the record, my $239.99 brand new in box PF-9 has been 100% perfect for 300 rounds. I know that isn't a lot of ammo through it but the first couple of hundred should show any flaws. Then again I don't shop at Walmart either....

10. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Range or SD ammo? I don't think I've EVER had a pistol that cost more than 1000XSD ammo, but then again, I like .45 ACP!