JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been there twice in the past six weeks (and it's a 2+ hour drive for me), worked with different people both times and couldn't be happier with the service I received. Even when I changed my mind after the paperwork was started, and decided on a different gun, they were great to deal with. I bought a gun each time; but I went during the week, and in the morning when they aren't crowded. I can understand it being different on a Saturday. I won't hesitate to go back; although I'd like to develop a relationship with someplace closer to where I live.

My son has bought a few guns from Keith's. When we went to the gun show, he gave me a heads up and said the best time to buy from Keith is at the gun show. He then introduced me to Keith and I bought a glock from him. The price was very favorable for a used gun compared to anywhere else. I have been to his store on 4 or 5 occasions and my son was right. They were way too busy and I always left without buying anything.

I rated them average. They had a good inventory. However their motivation to sell guns seems to be at the gun show.

You aren't the only one that has seen that. I also read about that same complaint on another forum. He tried to low-ball me on a trade-in and it was pretty bad. Another horror story; somebody I know that gave him a bunch of class 3s but didn't know much about guns (inheritance) and got ripped really badly. My stomach turned when I heard about the deal.
Admittedly he sells cheap, but save the drive and find someone closer, cause I have seen quite a few dealers w/ comparable prices or better. And better service.

...I live in the sticks and hate going to the Jaws of **** for anything. The 3 trips I made to Keith's weren't productive. He had tons of inventory. I'm not used to standing in line just to see the displays. Prices on new stuff weren't all that good IMHO.

I've bought several guns from Keith's over the years,but I probably won't go back in there unless it I need something that I can't get any where else. Keith's wife and daughter seem more interested in helping the customers than any of the guys.I have seen other comments similar to mine and one would think that Keith might read up on his stores image and maybe make some adjustments.

I am looking to buy a Glock G22c and a Walther P22 in the first few months of next year. I have been doing my research. Keith's is $60 cheaper on the glock than Wholesale Sports near my house. I haven't been in Keith's yet, but they were helpful on the phone.

I wonder if anyone has ever called out a Keith's employee on poor customer service? Many times if you call someone out on something like that, they either get much more friendly, or they go the other direction.

Just from dealing with them at the gunshows, I'm not sure the selection is worth dealing with the guys he has working for him. Keith seems like a good guy, don't mind working with him, but some of the guys he brings to the gunshows are real pieces of work. Just my .02$

I am looking to buy a Glock G22c and a Walther P22 in the first few months of next year. I have been doing my research. Keith's is $60 cheaper on the glock than Wholesale Sports near my house. I haven't been in Keith's yet, but they were helpful on the phone.

I wonder if anyone has ever called out a Keith's employee on poor customer service? Many times if you call someone out on something like that, they either get much more friendly, or they go the other direction.

I have dealt with them in the past and my gut feeling is that such a call out would not go well...
Maybe if you kept it between you and the person you were dealing with, but in a busy store, ah, no. Better to send Keith a note with some feedback on how it went, making it plain you weren't just one of those in there window shopping and
tying up sales people with a lot of questions. If you go in with the goal of buying, even if it was to be later, and keep any questions to the point, I've always gotten them answered. I also encouraged the guys go help others while I drooled over the guns. When I was ready, I got the guy that was most helpful to let him make the sale.

I have purchased multiple guns from Keith's... For me the best time to go is earlier in the day and on a weekday when they are open. Going to Keith's after all other research has been completed has worked well for me.

Pros for me:
*They are typically cheaper than other B & M stores.
*There used pistol selection almost always has 1 or 2 that I would love to aquire.
*So far for me, the women sales people have been much more helpful and courteous than their male counterparts. With the exception of 1-2 gentlemen who have been helpful over the years.
*Definitely not a high pressure sales enviroment.
*Easy to find location & always clean.
*Quantity and selection of firearms.

Cons
*Service as a whole (there are a few exceptions).
*Lack of interest in helping/serving the customer (until you have purchased a few).
*It has been difficult to get information about the weapon I am looking at (I use to feel as if I had to know everything about the firearm I was interested in, just so I didn't feel like a fool/idiot after their help was done with me). Know it all attitude...
*Don't go to his store on a gun show weekend, there aren't many used guns left (because they are at the gun show).
*Parking during peak hours.

I have made a rifle purchase there and it was efficient. They aren't really to incline to answers questions mainly because of the amount of guns that go through there on a daily basis, they simply don't have the time. Better to research on the internet prior to going there. But I will say all in all they are a well stocked store. It is a good thing they are on the other side of the world from me and I am broke or I would buying more stuff from them. And I agree, the parking sucks.

I voted poor.

their service is a joke. I get better customer service at the gas station.

Total indifference to their customers, one time I even bought a pistol from the display case, and the employee used wire cutters to cut off the zip tie and put a scratch into the slide.

I have had two experiences actually buying from them... The first time I didnt know any better, the second time I bought on impulse and they had it in stock and I wanted the gun before I left on a trip.

Bottom line: They suck.

I will not go there for anything, ever. I wont even check out their tables @ the gunshow.
Arrogant, Apathetic to their customers.

If I need a new gun and I have to go to a retailer, its gunbroker all the way. (Tigard is better than Clack though)

I've been there only once. It's not super close to where I live, otherwise I'd probably go more often. After trying to track down local sources of 30-round Saiga mags, found out that Keith's had them. Had a look at their stuff and the prices all seemed quite reasonable, and the selection was great. It may not be consistent with others' experiences here, but they seemed very polite and helpful. I bought my mag, and a couple of boxes of ammo.

Today I had to drop my daughter off at a Babysitting class in Gresham. I figured as long as I was already in that neck of the woods, I would go check out Keith's for myself, even though I wasn't planning to buy anything. I got there rigt at 9:00 am as they were opening. There were several people waiting for them to open the door. The place got busy really fast and there were more customers than staff within 5 minutes of opening. In the first 20 minutes of window shopping, I had 4 different staff ask me if I needed any help. When I replied that I was just looking around, 3 of the 4 staff said no problem, let me know if you need anything at all. Pretty soon I was drooling over the AR's and got the attention of Dennis. I told him I didn't know anything about AR's, but wanted to learn what I could. He said "what do you want to know?" I said, "start at the beginning". He proceeded to tell me everything about the AR line of guns. He was professional and very knowledgeable. He talked to me like an uncle teaching his nephew about guns. I was very impressed with his customer service. Just my .02 cents.

Having said all of that, I still plan to give my business to my favorite Vancouver dealer. :s0155:

Walked in with some friends. We all had intent to purchase various firearms that day, and we were treated so terribly that Keiths lost out on about $5000 of sales that day. Clackamas Gun Broker got our sales instead. It's amazing what an a good attitude can do. Forget Keiths just ask and people will match their prices and you can have a good time buying your gun instead of being treated like an idiot.

I think kieths is for the people who now what they are looking for. Personaly I don't like to have to barter with someone to get the best price. I think if someone has a higher price then "they" are trying to take advantage of someone who doesn't know what it is worth and I will not give them my buisness. Kieths has always stood behind the guns I purchased from them even used ones. Thats my .02

We knew exactly what we wanted, but when we stand there for a 20 minutes because one of the girls "didn't want to climb a ladder" it rubs me the wrong way. I can't stand bad service. I don't consider it to be a big deal to ask what their best price is. Treating customers with respect is pretty standard business practice.

Well I went to Keith's again and picked something out!

I received excellent service by the salesperson and Keith...

My post above (#151) was before this most recent purchase, but now I think Keith's has gone up a couple rating levels in my book.

I arrived at Keith's 10 minutes before they closed and was going to purchase a new shotgun. I was asking one of the girls questions that she did not have the answers to. She wanted me to wait for one of the old men there to help me, of which there were two at this point. One with grey hair and the other with black hair and a beard. They took their sweet time to come and answer my questions. Once they did, I told them that I wanted to purchase this particular gun. They proceeded to tell me that they were closed now and that I would have to come back on Monday. I said "so you are telling me that you don't want my $400 right now?" They replied "no, we don't, but we'll take it on Monday." Even though I arrived before the store closed, they refused to sell to me. Pure laziness from these two men. I ended up buying a much nicer gun for just a bit more money at one of their competitors.

I hope they are happy, they lost a sale and they lost their boss $400.

I would NEVER shop here again! BEWARE of these jerks.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top