JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will have to add one positive comment about Keith's. I was in there the other day and they had an older Mustachoed guy working the counter since everyone else was at the gun show. He was the most pleasant guy I have ever dealt with at Keith's. It was actually a positive exchange. We talked for 20 minutes about the beautiful Eb Brown 1911 in the case and he did not once insult me or talk down to me. He even seemed to be enjoying the conversation and actually be interested in the product. Quite a switch from what I am used to at Keith's. :)

Hmmm, can't think of who that is. There used to be a kinda shy younger guy there that was usually quite pleasant too but I haven't seen him lately.

I will admit that I've purchased the majority of my guns at Keith's.

I will have to add one positive comment about Keith's. I was in there the other day and they had an older Mustachoed guy working the counter since everyone else was at the gun show. He was the most pleasant guy I have ever dealt with at Keith's. It was actually a positive exchange. We talked for 20 minutes about the beautiful Eb Brown 1911 in the case and he did not once insult me or talk down to me. He even seemed to be enjoying the conversation and actually be interested in the product. Quite a switch from what I am used to at Keith's. :)

Rob is the worst of them all. Arrogant, rude, and full of you know what. Everytime Ive talked with that blowhard, Ive wanted to come across the counter at him for one thing or the other. I avoid talking with him if I go there.

Keiths is a great place, great pricing, great selection, and mostly decent people working there. But there are a few rotten eggs there that cost the business money everyday.

Yes, Rob is the worst of them all. I've witnessed his complete and total arrogance more than once. After my purchase I was so tempted to tell him that he really needed to go find a job that he liked bit I thought, naw, he probably really enjoys being an a**hole and is doing exactly what makes him happy....and he's allowed to get away with it.

Yeah, that Rob guy has longish black and greyish hair that hangs down a little into his eyes, and hes a tad chubby. Most irritating delbert in the store.

Yup... he called me (while I was at work) saying my Ruger LCP came in... so after work I drive there and he is like "can I see your receipt?" ... umm, I don't carry it on me everywhere I go - I was at work... since you have my name and address why don't you look at my drivers license and confirm that I am who I say I am? "Hold on... let me ask Keith if that is okay..." --- of course Keith says it is okay and I get my Ruger, but it was a pain...

I have always had good experiences at Keith's and again just this week. I wanted a G26, none in the case though. Kid says computer shows 3 in stock, goes next door and comes back with it within 5 min. While he is running my background I'm looking for an IWB for it. I'm a lefty. Keith asks me if I'm fnding what I need, and proceeds to call next dor and have them bring over the left handed Summer comfort her knew they had on the wall over there. I was in and out with everything I wanted within 30 minutes. And, Keith didi this while helping a customer with a sight change on a Glock. I'm not saying I haven't seen them slammed and it takes a while to get help sometimes there, but they always have what I need and if not, can get it faster than anyone else. I buy a lot from the GunBroker also since he's local, but if they don't have it, it's straight to Keiths for me.

I've purchased several guns, accessories, ammo, etc from Keith's and have never had a bad experiece there. Sure, many times they are packed ***hole to elbow but I take that as a good sign - but it can certianly be annoying when you need interaction with the sales personnel. The only negative issue I have to report is that I've gotten some seriously BAD advice from one or two of their folks regarding 922 compliance issues...bad enough that to have followed it would have resulted in legal issues. But that only confirms one thing: always cross reference & double check any "advice" you get when bad data can land you in hot water.

I purchased an expensive gun from Rob and I told him I was buying it for an investment. He looks at me and says "we (the store) are the only ones that make money on people like you who think they can make money on gun purchases. We make money when 1) we sell them to you and 2) when we buy them back from you later."

nice............................

Do you think I will ever buy or sell them a gun ever again??

BTW, can someone please tell Keith the difference between .223 and 5.56 ammo? I asked if they had any 5.56 and he gave me a box of Wolf .223. I said I was looking for 5.56, he said it was there is no difference in the brass case or slug - and he would know since he "owns the store"............

Well, last time I purchased a Mini 14 some time ago, there was a nice letter from Ruger on why not to shoot the "different 5.56" round in your new ".223" because the brass casing was different size and the power level was higher.

Maybe Ruger is wrong?

I called Keith's a couple of months ago looking for a certain rifle, His reply was full of 4 letter words and extremely rude (Not going to repeat what he said, it would surely get me thrown off this site) I couldn't believe someone would treat a paying customer in that manner. I'm sure I can find better places to spend the greenbacks.......

I have purchased several items from them over the years at the gunshows and have done so based on price. On the other hand if I based it on service I wouldn't have bought more than one. I am not impressed with the level of service as I have been treated rather shabby by Keith and his staff and have put off bying several just for that fact. At the gun show we are "not" in Portland thus the attitude I recieved was not appreciated. I see that he has good prices still but as I get older I tend to spend a few more bucks for the true friendly salesmanship. I am sure that he does a booming bussness with the selection and the prices but half the fun of buying is the hunt and the rest is the experience.:s0159:

Purchase a new performance center S&W yesterday from Keith's. He was cheaper by far. Work hard for my money so price is what I am looking for. I have bought 3 guns from Keith's and will buy more.

On one visit and 3 phone calls, I've had nothing but good things to say about them. Spent the time with me, looked all over to find the things I needed, and did it even when it was obvious that I was just exploring and not ready to buy yet.

I'll be heading over there to buy a Kimber .22 conversion shortly.

Not sure what the difference is - maybe I just spoke to the nice guy?

Went in the other day looking for a S&W M&P-15-22, they had one left of the 6 they had ordered, and a handful of the Umarex M4geries. Asked about the 15-22 and was handed the Umarex, so I looked it over, pointed out all the things I didn't like about it, then told the guy I wanted to put the 15-22 on layaway. Picked it up from Keith a week later shortly after opening. Paperwork took 10 minutes, out the door, no problems. I don't know what the first guy's problem was. Ordered mags from Smith direct though.

Oh, Keith was selling them for $419, 16% off MSRP.

I have dealt with Keith's quite a few times, even keith himself no real problem to speak of. There is one guy there with dark graying hair that thinks he owns the place with a s##t attitude. I can't even talk to him anymore, period.
If you want to have a good experience with them, go in there knowing what you want. They are busy and window shoppers----well you know.
The prices are great. I just wish I were closer sometimes.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top