JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
POLLS are polls, and people will be people..
Some have good experiences, and others make the best of the experience.
Some no matter what will want to bash.
Some will never be happy.

But continuing a thread way past it's history date, or after closing off the polling, or letting anyone taint the voting by voting more than once, heaven forbid, is almost as bad as the attitude of some of the moderators who feel they have power to censor or repremand someone for the same things they do promoting there own agenda.

Enough already on Keith's, He has a business, supports our shooting habits, and try's to provide fair dealings. If you got to bash him, his store, or business, why don't You Start a retail business and see how that works out for you. Inventory, store front, labor, insurance, plus liscenses and all.. Good luck.. I am thankful we have this and other trading places and feel WE should not bash because of a short coming, bad deal we made, or our personal problems. TM.02c

Just from what I have heard here, and from friends who have been there. I have no time for Keith's.
You are definitely better off if you've researched your purchase elsewhere, made a decision, and have cash or card in hand. Keith discounts virtually everything and has a reasonable variety of goods on the shelf. I go there first, mainly because most of the time he has what I'm looking for.

when kieth helped me out he doesnt talk down to me like im a jackass. but some of the other people there just take it as a power trip that they are behind the counter and act kinda stuck up

Just from what I have heard here, and from friends who have been there. I have no time for Keith's.

I have bought many guns from Kieth's in the past. Yes, his prices are alluring. But after reading, on this forum, about how he handled a case of a guy looking to regain the possession of a family heirloom. Never, ever again!

Frog.

Keith's is...well, Keith's.

Very good prices. Great selection (biggest in the area?). Generally has ammo in stock, as well as accessories - that's what I always find frustrating. Lots of places to buy guns. Fewer places to look at holsters for them.

HOWEVER...they are always busy, know they'll be busy, and take the attitude of "hey, people are waiting in line to get in the door, so it's not like we have to take time for you".

If you get one of the better guys, they're very knowledgeable. When I've had minor issues, Keith has jumped in to fix them and has been great. But if you just walk in off the street, don't expect them to ask you if you need help. If you wait and find someone and ask them, they'll help, but the onus is on you.

And they rarely answer the phone...

I have bought 2 guns from Keiths all at the PDX gun show. I usually know what I want and what I want to pay, so I don't talk to them much other than to tell them I want to buy a gun. I gave them a 4 since I am not looking for a lot of service from them. I told em what I wanted and told them to take $X off the amount or I buy from thier neighbor and they said sure and rang me up. Seemed smooth enough for me.

They did not get a 5 because their service sucks. Bought a gun from them and they did not include the lock. (my bad for not looking) Wifey called and they gave her a hard time. I think they act differently if they smell lack of gun-perience. I called em asked a direct question about the lock and they offered to give me one if I drove in. It cost me more gas to drive there than the lock, so I declined. If they had mailed it to me, they would have got a 5.

But they do seem to have the best selection and lowest prices.

So, if you are looking for a gun educucation, don't go to Keiths. If you want a good deal and want to walk in buy and walk out, go to Keiths.

BTW, their table at the PDX gunshow is huge.

save.jpg

Money you can save shopping at Keiths

save.jpg

I have only been to Keith's once and they were indeed busy, but I was able to get some large handgun primers (Federal), which the gentleman helping me said they normally dont have, as well as some .223 snap caps. Overall my experience was good.

A+ for Keith's from me. I use to live within a mile of his place when it was just a tlny place, now I live in Lincoln City. This week I was looking to compare some higher-end 1911's, and did a lot of calling around. Keith's answered the phone on the third ring, and when I asked the woman listed 5 or 6 top brands that they had in stock, so a day later I drove 200 miles to see them. I was there on a weekday, late morning and they were busy but not crowded, store is much bigger now. A woman who turned out to be Keith's wife waited on me within 5 minutes or so, and was very friendly and helpful. I looked at and handled Kimbers, Baer, Brown, Wilson, Springfield, and NightHawk. Prices were from $800 to well over $3000. (I didn't want to spend any time with the $3000+, afraid I might like them too much...) One note, while you can handle the high-end pistols, the ones on the top shelf or two, over $1000 or so, have the slides fastened closed with a zip-tie. I had wanted to feel how smooth the slides were on these top-end pistols and was initially unhappy that I could not. However, thinking about it, and I did end up purchasing a Wilson Combat CQB, I would not have wanted to have everyone in the world jacking the slide on a gun I was going to buy. She told me that these guns never go to the gun shows, for the same reason. Price was excellent, and when I wanted a specific holster that was not visible on the extensive display, they searched until they found it. I was well treated and will go back.

They usually have good prices and they're even better at the Gun shows........ They have a great selection so if you want to see how a gun feels in your hand they're the best.

Customer service is OK..........If you spend more, it gets better...........

They do have a lot of turnover in their inventory, so if you keep your eyes open, you can occasionally find a bargain!

I'd give them 4 of 5 stars.

Looked at their table last week at the gunshow. They had the PM40 I was interested in. When I asked them if that was the best price they could do they said it was. I told them I had seen it cheaper elsewhere and the heavyset kid called me a liar. I had already put money down on it with coctailer (who had it for over $100 cheaper) anyway so I did not care.

Looked at their table last week at the gunshow. They had the PM40 I was interested in. When I asked them if that was the best price they could do they said it was. I told them I had seen it cheaper elsewhere and the heavyset kid called me a liar. I had already put money down on it with coctailer (who had it for over $100 cheaper) anyway so I did not care.

I can't say I would fire an employee that called a potential customer a liar under those circumstances, but I would send them home for the day and put them on notice that their job was in jeopardy.

POLLS are polls, and people will be people..
Some have good experiences, and others make the best of the experience.
Some no matter what will want to bash.
Some will never be happy.

But continuing a thread way past it's history date, or after closing off the polling, or letting anyone taint the voting by voting more than once, heaven forbid, is almost as bad as the attitude of some of the moderators who feel they have power to censor or repremand someone for the same things they do promoting there own agenda.

Enough already on Keith's, He has a business, supports our shooting habits, and try's to provide fair dealings. If you got to bash him, his store, or business, why don't You Start a retail business and see how that works out for you. Inventory, store front, labor, insurance, plus liscenses and all.. Good luck.. I am thankful we have this and other trading places and feel WE should not bash because of a short coming, bad deal we made, or our personal problems. TM.02c

pretty defensive: you must work there or be one of keiths buddies!

When I bought my XD holster I realized shortly after leaving that I had grabbed a left handed holster by mistake. I decided to go back and exchange it right away because I decided to also pick up another holster and an instructors belt I had seen there. I walk into the store and go up to the young, thin, dark haired guy that sold me the holster and said "I grabbed the left handed one by mistake. I need to exchange it and pick up a couple more things." He said "No problem."

As I was grabbing the right holster and the belt the shorter, buzz cut, heavyset, reddish haired guy came over and asked what was going on. The younger guy told him I was exchanging one holster and buying a couple other things. The buzzcut guy looked at me and said "Why are you exchanging this? Do you have a receipt?" Then the younger kid says "He just bought it from me less than an hour ago." This was not enough for buzzcut. He then asked me to produce my receipt and stood staring at it for a good minute as if he was trying to find some reason to not do the exchange. Then he finally says "I guess so." and waddles off. Talk about great customer service.

I've been there two or three times. They were cocky, rude and condescending. You can find the same or better deal elsewhere and not have to deal with it. I probably won't ever go back. I'd much rather deal with Cocktailer. He had great pricing and was a genuinely good guy.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top