JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If only gunbroker matches keith's prices, I would buy all my guns from them. I buy guns from keith's because their prices are cheaper than everyone else on the model that I'm looking for and they have it in-stock. The fat kid with tattoos (Stew) has a mild case of down syndrome, so please be gentle to him.

I have been to Keith's one time - No need to say anything that hasn't been voiced.

Yet I think that alot of Vendors ( Not just local but also on the Net) - Have had huge windfalls -but also a lot of headaches - I don't think that Vendors and shops have ever had it so good and also had such gloom on the Horizon.

While it is not likely - but a lot of crazy things have been hitting the fan the last few months -

But some of these shops could literally be out of business tomorrow - with no livelihood with the simple stroke of a pen. ( with Inventory that they owe money for but can't sell) While I know that it is not likely but it is also not that far fetched for some crazy bill to get shoehorned in to another 1,000 page crisis bill at the last minute.

Yet I have dealt with more of the Short timer mentality.

Throw all the mud on the wall today -

I will not begrude a Owner to make money, - but I also don't care for the 1/3 of Retail low-ball offers on trades.

While they can't compete with Internet prices on Ammo etc. ( I think that Wally World is the only one that can).

Sadly, I don't think that CS is going to be enough to survive in this economy - As things get worse - the bottom line will matter even more - Gun #3 and #4 become luxuries and not necessities.

Haven't purchased anything from them but I've been there. Nice shop but very busy. Seem to be knowledgeable folks but I can't be sure because I could not get there attention. Seems they pick the nicest dressed to talk to. I understand the mentality as a seller but not everybody that is nicely dressed has any money left to spend and others like me that never dress up can sometimes have a wad of cash in their pocket to spend. I rated them as average because the shop is nice, they appear to be knowledgeable, and their prices are good but I won't and can't buy anything from them if they flat out ignore me now can I....

To bad, guess I'll spend my wad of cash somewhere else. :D

Haven't purchased anything from them but I've been there. Nice shop but very busy. Seem to be knowledgeable folks but I can't be sure because I could not get there attention. Seems they pick the nicest dressed to talk to. I understand the mentality as a seller but not everybody that is nicely dressed has any money left to spend and others like me that never dress up can sometimes have a wad of cash in their pocket to spend. I rated them as average because the shop is nice, they appear to be knowledgeable, and their prices are good but I won't and can't buy anything from them if they flat out ignore me now can I....

To bad, guess I'll spend my wad of cash somewhere else. :D

Ask the people on here that have met me, I usually look just slightly above homeless person level when I am out and about...and I bet I spend as much as the fancy looking people.

Ask the people on here that have met me, I usually look just slightly above homeless person level when I am out and about...and I bet I spend as much as the fancy looking people.

Exactly my point! I'm almost always unshaven and I wear whatever cloths, generally jeans T-shirt, and yes a flannel of some sort or another un-tucked and usually open unless I'm cold. Appearances aside I happen to work for Intel and make plenty of spending cash! Sorry I don't buy cool cloths and keep my face baby smooth however I could buy that AR with all the goodies you have there hanging on the wall behind you if you weren't ignoring me because you think I look poor. Oh well... plenty more gun shops out there and gun shows and gunbrokers etc etc etc that will take my money. Hey if your lucky maybe I'll have you transfer a gun for me that I get a great deal for online, but maybe not :D

I disagree... I think you spend a lot more on guns than the fancy looking people :D

I was at Keith's last weekend and it was really busy. Took almost 20 mins to just check out a gun I was interested in. It didn't fit in my hand, so I didn't buy it. Since I waited so long, I felt like I should buy something to make it worth my wait, so I bought some bullets from them.

Yep I'm right there in that category as well. I also work at Intel, though no one believes me when I tell them that. I'm not one to "dress nice". Of course the tattoos don't help I guess!

I used to live in Sandy and when Keith opened up shop he was a real nice guy, had fair prices and treated everybody with respect. His wife Maria is one of the nicest people I have ever met in the gun industry. Michael is also a great source of knowledge, and has always treated me with respect. The redheaded daughter is very nice, but you better know what you want if she is helping you, great person though.

As far as price, it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

Now for the bad part, the other employee's. I think the worst of them is Keith's boy. Talk about arrogant, if you are lucky enough to get him to help you, he is disrespectful and has a knows-it-all attitude. The other employees must have taught him customer service, because you can expect the same from them.

Bottom line: If they have what you want for the price you are willing to pay, find the redhead and have her run the paperwork for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom line: If they have what you want for the price you are willing to pay, find the redhead and have her run the paperwork for you.
Will do! Thanks for the advice. I think it's a great shop really but I can't rate it higher then average when I feel ignored there by him and his employee's. I'll get back down there one of these days with another wad of cash to spend I'm sure and I'll be sure to grab a redhead :D

I am willing to bet dollars to donuts that she has at least 2 years before she is 18, and there is no way you want to mess with a man that is one of Oregon's biggest Class 3 dealers :love: :gun21:

Well you didn't say she was a little girl now did you. :eek: Plus I'm married with 4 kids and I'm faithful. Was just trying to be funny sorry Keith I didn't mean anything by it honestly. :s0131: Trust me I have 3 daughters of my own to worry about. :s0155:

Last year when it was difficulty to find a Ruger sp 101 3", Keith's had obtained one for me within 7 days. The price was reasonable. A few weeks ago I went in and inquired about a smith 442 no lock and was first told that they did not have one. Within minutes, the salesperson called the smith regional rep or distributor, went back to his stock, and found a 442 without a lock. It was nice that they not only did the research, but did have the 442 in stock. I purchased it that day. In both instances, they were able to either acquire or find a relatively hard to find piece rather quickly. That day they placed an order for me for a NAA .22 mag pug, also, somewhat difficult to obtain. I am waiting on this one.

I’ve been to Keith’s only twice-first time in Feb. when I bought my first handgun- and a few weeks later to buy some ammo and some other things.
Both times it was incredibly busy-being Monday-something that is no fault of the store and there was a long wait to be helped. But once I was the people who worked the counters were knowledgeable(at least to me a relative handgun novice:eek:) and courteous-and let me take my time deciding on a gun- despite that they were obvious under some pressure working in a crowded store with a lot of impatient people waiting around.

:s0155:I have bought many guns/items from keiths, I always say worst customer service due to small store and many (I mean like usually packed) people (if the place is empty they are on the spot to help you) but they are so competitive with their pricing why spend the time and gas driving around when you know it will be within five bucks of realistic anyway. I say +1 for Keiths. In the end you get some education, if you asked questions and most likely saved some money.

I started out buying several handguns from Keiths, but have not purchased a weapon there since. My issue with Keiths is not the lack friendlyness of the staff (every time I am in there its busy), but the form you sign when making the purchase that says if you have problems with the firearm you deal directly with the manufacturer and Keiths is no longer responsible. If you do have to return a firearm to the manufacturer it is a hassel and spendy to return it overnight shipping. I would rather pay a little more up front knowing that the gun store will take care of this should I have a problem.

Lots of guns, great prices and the lousiest attitude towards the customer. My last purchase there was handled by Rob. I almost had to beg the guy for tissue to clean the ink from my thumbs after my thumb-printing......

Lots of guns, great prices and the lousiest attitude towards the customer. My last purchase there was handled by Rob. I almost had to beg the guy for tissue to clean the ink from my thumbs after my thumb-printing......

Rob is the worst of them all. Arrogant, rude, and full of you know what. Everytime Ive talked with that blowhard, Ive wanted to come across the counter at him for one thing or the other. I avoid talking with him if I go there.

Keiths is a great place, great pricing, great selection, and mostly decent people working there. But there are a few rotten eggs there that cost the business money everyday.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top