JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been there twice, since they don't respect my right to carry in their store I haven't been back. Besides, by the time I pay shipping and use tax on a handgun I might as well buy in WA and save the waiting time for shipping.

No one, and no I don't care what type of business we're discussing, should have to get to know the employees to get basic civility and decent customer service. You're the paying, at least potentially, customer. The employees are there to serve you, not doing you a favor. If a business can't get that right they don't deserve your money, or time and certainly not your money or positive recommendation to others just because you can save a few dollars. Don't reward bad behavior and the behavior will often change.

at the gunshow my girl walked over to keiths table and told her we will not give them are money, she said why i told her how i every time i go into their store its terrible customer service and you dont feel comfortable in the store. so this weekend we went in and walked around for a good 20 mins standing at the counter waiting for service then over to the optics and holsters to look then we left. no one said one word to us and my girl freind says as we leave wow they dont even say we will be with you in a moment or even acknowledge us. it was great! this store is my closest firearm store but i HATE it. it makes me want to strap a d*ldo on my forehead and walkin to the store so they actually have something to stare at when i ask them questions or stand at the counter waiting for customer service......

its not poor its a FAIL!

when I want a good deal on a gun I go to keith s....If I want someone to talk to me ill call my buddy and get some lunch and a beer......its only 15-20 minutes and the money you save ,who cares if his emplyees go out of ther way for me....go in ther whit what you want in mind and get agood deal and be happy.

Sorry to say!!! I shopped this gun shop for years. Spent around $12000.00 (yes that is thousand) over the year's
Thought thay were stand up men of there word??? I WAS A FOOL!!! KEITH IS NO MAN OF HIS WORD!!! FOOL I WAS I THOUGHT HE WAS A FRIEND OF MINE!!! WHAT A FOOLHARDY THOUGHT ON MY PART. TO THINK I SENT PEOPLE OUT TO KEITH'S. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM I'M SO SO SO SORRY!!!
NEVER!!! NEVER!!!NEVER!!! So think it over 2 or 3 times then take your money and shop elsewhere!!! Thank you for time!!!

I've bought a number of guns from them over the last few years and never had any issue's other then a bit of a wait when their busy. I've asked questions and had them show different guns and no problems. I'll have to watch and see how people are treated next time in there.

like it or not, they are cheapest around
Well, I bought a KelTec PF9 for my wife from them for $289 and then ended up finding the same gun at NW Armory for $250 (bought that for me). I think NW Armory may give them a run for their money as being one of the cheapest around. Plus there is way more room at NWA than at Keith's. But as for service, I did get fine service at Keith's even though it was busy when we were there.

+1 for Keith's. Over the last 17 yrs, I've bought most of my firearms from him. I will admit, there are times when you can stand in the store waiting for service, and have been times when I have walked out after waiting for too long. Just as there have been a few times when it felt like the employees got up on the wrong side of bed. But if you stop and watch what they have to deal with on a daily basis...it's easy to understand the attitude. Because he's got the inventory that he has, they have to deal with all the people who only want to come in and finger everything they see, even if they know nothing about the item and know that they are not going to buy. And add to that, listening to all the BS that some of those same folks have to come in and share with anyone who will listen. I've come across more Delta/Tango/SpecOps/Spooks/Operators/Spetsnaz/Rangers/etc. in that store, most of course were that in former-lives, or they most likely would have had to do everyone in the store in after they told them their story.

Like several have already said, if you know what you are looking for, are ready to buy, it's hard to beat Keith's. IF you are looking for info, you'd probably be better of searching the web, or magazines, until you have enough info to at least know what you are looking at. Does he have the best prices? Well, I have been able to beat a few of his prices, but if you let him know what you have seen elsewhere, sometimes he will match or beat them. All depends on how much BS you are spewing. He knows his stuff, has great inventory, very good service, and he's minutes from my house :s0155: And if you get pissy with the service, it's a free world out there, and there are other stores. Keith does enough biz, where he can afford to ignore those that deserve to be, or those that feel that the world should stop and notice them. And I can't think of too many times where I've been in there where all of the employees were busy helping someone or working on something. Have some patience, and they will take care of you. ;)

I will weigh in, back in January I was looking for 2 guns. I went to NW Armory a week before and looked and was about to commit. So when ready, i went to NWA and they did not have on of the guns anymore and would have taken 2 weeks to get.. SO i decided to travel to Gresham and they had everything I wanted and more. I was impressed by their inventory. Price was a little higher than NWA. Ammo is a little steep, but its everywhere. I don't care about Customer service at a gun shop. I always noticed when you ask for opinion, that is just what you get, and its what they carry or already have. I know what i want when i walk in. I agree with a lot of people on here, I know what i want, i did the research, i did the ground work, just give me my gun and have it in stock.

In general Keiths is a fun store to go look around in, but trying to get any info out of them is a huge pain in the ashtray, I once tried to have them order me a .45 upper from Oly arms and after 20 minutes of them talking between themselves like I wasnt there the guy turned to me and said "I could order it I think but you could to" then walked away... $750 in hand and the dum bass said that.
On the other hand I actually really like their booth at the gun shows, this last one I snagged an HK USC for $1075, dont know why I got it so cheap its damn near perfect.
So all in all Id have to say I treat that store like a garage sale, sometimes its worth looking sometimes it isnt, I say grow a thicker skin and try to find the deals.

I will admit, there are times when you can stand in the store waiting for service, and have been times when I have walked out after waiting for too long. Just as there have been a few times when it felt like the employees got up on the wrong side of bed. But if you stop and watch what they have to deal with on a daily basis...it's easy to understand the attitude. one who will listen.

Unacceptable customer service IMHO.
But, it doesn't seem to matter to them because they do a LOT of business. Think of how much more business they COULD do. Personally I take my business to establishments that treat me like I matter.

If you've ever seen them operating at the gun shows, it's hard to see how they could do more business. They usually have lines waiting to buy guns, even at the gun shows. And that is when he has additional help available. I agree with you, there are times when the customer service is 'lacking' - sometimes that does feel like 'most of the time'. But in 17 years of doing biz with him, I've come to expect that there will be those times. But for the most part, when I am ready to buy, I know I can walk in there and get what I am after, and usually get treated pretty well. But by all means, you should do business where you feel you are being treated like a customer and are getting what you pay for. For me, that has usually been Keith's. But, I will say that I have bought from Northwest Armory, the Gun Zone, Fisherman's Marine, Wholesale Sportsman (formerly Sportsmen's Warehouse), BiMart, Walmart, etc. - but have not found the inventory there that Keith always seems to have.

The last time I was there (which is DEFINITELY the last time), I bought a soft case for my AR. While the counter guy was running my credit card his cell phone rang. He proceeded to stand there with my card in his hand for 6+ minutes (I timed it) while he talked with client of his about a bathroom remodel he was doing for the guy. I don't need that kind of crap. Although Keith's is a mile from my place, I'll go to the Clackamas Gun Broker first and Keith's never.

I'm just gonna me a repeat to everyone here...prices...can be great BUT price around and KNOW what if fair and WHAT you want.

Customer service SUCKS! They are terrible. I'd rather pay a little more for better service...

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top