JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've honestly never had a problem shopping at Keith's. My first experience with him at the Portland gun show where I bought an Fnp from him, he even waived the background check fee for me. The second time I dealed with him was at his shop, I walked in and got my gun and was out in ten minutes. The shop was even packed to capacity at the time.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I find that driving 40 mins is more than worth it. I have not bought anybodys guns or rifles on here in the last 6 months but I bought about 10 from Keiths and that is because he is cheaper.

I don't know why MOST peoples prices are way to high on here but is just easy to go see Keith and he asks me what I want and I tell him and I am out in 15.

I have had experience with Keith's at both gun shows and at the store and would have to agree with the majority of this thread - Keith is well stocked, and sells his products at a fair price, but his employees still have a lot to learn about customer service. I bought a rifle from him at a show for about $100-200 less than ANYONE else would sell it to me. At the time his employee was very helpful. The problem was that he said I could pay with a check, and I got as far as writing the check before Keith came over and said no checks. I was a little upset (wrongfully, at Keith) at the time, but later realized the employee should have known they didn't accept checks in the first place rather than telling me they did.

The store is absolutely packed with merchandise and guns that are rarely stocked elsewhere... but unfortunately it is also completely packed with customers as well. I have worked retail before, and I realize how hard it can be to please everyone when a store is that busy, but it took about 30 minutes to have ANYONE even acknowledge me, even when I stood close by idle employees (there was at least 6-8 people working). I had a few accessory items I was looking for, and the girl I dealing with (I gave up on the idle employee) seemed extremely dismissive of my questions. She also tried to tell me a certain product didn't exist repeatedly, talking over me at times, when I was trying to point out a gun on the shelf behind her that had the exact product (a stock) in question!

Overall, I would still give this place a 3/5... I might buy something at gun shows from Keith, but the service I received in store is not worth the 45 minute drive for me. If the staff would learn some better customer service skills this place would be in the top 3 firearms-related businesses I've been to in Oregon.

I purchased a gun at Keith's in late June and had a good experience. They had several guns in the model I was looking for and the young lady helping me had to make two trips across the street to the vault so that I could compare wood. She was very willing and helpful. I will be back. The gun I wanted was in stock with choices and the price was the lowest around. I was going to purchase online, but when you calculate the fees, Keith's had a better deal. It's nice to handle a gun before purchasing and if we don't frequent these businesses, they will be gone.

The only reason I go to Kieths is their availability and selection of hard to find ammo, their price is fair, but the customer service is garbage, if you are not a LEO they could care less. They should be inviting customers in to spend money. On a scale of 1 to 150,000 I would give them a 2 only because of the customer service, if anybody knows of a place with roughly the same selection and inventory please let me know because when you spend close to $12k on shooting supplies a year I would rather hand over my cash to someone that says thank you back!

I was at Keith's this morning looking for a lone wolf conversion barrel an the sales person asked her coworker. He immediately went into the condescending 'as a certified glock Armorer I can't recommend it and it's not possible...'. I just wanted to know if they sold it and instead I got a nice lecture. Oh well sometimes you get lucky at Keith's and sometimes you don't. I just roll with the punches and it's still a great store. Keith and his family are really nice and helpful though

I called around for a specific model of revolver, and only Keith's had it. The salesperson pulled the pistol and set it aside. I got there and was immediately asked if I needed help. They knew which revolver I was talking about, sarted the transaction promptly, and as I was waiting, I was asked several more times by staff if I was being helped. Even the one guy who treated me poorly before looks better, he's lost weight and was friendly(er).
Overall it was a fast, easy no nonsense purchase. Also, the store was packed with tire kickers who were mauling all the rifles on the floor. If I was Keith I'd charge a $1 handling fee to touch the guns good toward th purchase of any item.

Keith's was better 10 years ago than it is now. When it was Keith and a couple people in the little store they acted like customers mattered. I did some deals with him back then and he was reasonable and fair.

Fast forward to the current era; I wanted a specific Glock. I called Keith's to ask if they had it before driving all the way out there. They assured me they had them in stock. I drove out there and asked for one. They didn't have them and offered me a compensated model or a Gen4. I told them I wanted a generation 3, not compensated. They told me I could order one. Which they could have told me over the phone. I left.

I came back the next week and ordered a different Glock model. I put money down. It's been since mid June now. I was calling every 3-4 weeks to see if they had my Glock yet. About call #3 (Mind you I was being polite and simply inquiring about my gun) I spoke to a female employee. I could hear her asking someone in the background if they had the model I ordered in yet. I heard Keith angrily tell her to tell me Glock hasn't made them yet. Mind you, this is a model which has been manufactured for the past 10+ years. I wasn't requesting some new prototype from Austria. OK, I get it. I'll have to wait. Several weeks later another employee left me a message stating they knew I had a gun on order, but they had something close in stock. They wanted to know if I wanted it (of course it would be 100 something more). Which brought me back to my original point (although I didn't state it this way) I wanted you to have the gun in stock like you said. If I ordered it, I want the gun I ordered.

I can see where this is headed - I put down a deposit on a gun (non refundable per the paperwork) - the gun is not going to come in (it's been 4 1/2 months) and I'm not going to get my money back.

Back in September I decided to purchase a Sig P238. I was planning to purchase it online
because the two versions I was interested in(or any version)are not that readily available. But I decided to check Keith's out first because, having purchased three guns from him previously, he might have what I was looking for in stock.

Sure enough, he not only had the two versions I was most interested in but two other versions besides. Being able to feel the weight of both pistols was the deciding factor in my choice of which gun to buy(for CCW), along with its looks, of course. Also, was able to look at one of the other versions he had as well.

The person helping me was very patient and let me take my time in deciding. The person handling the purchase, background check was very friendly. I left the store again a very happy camper having found exactly what I wanted-a very pleasant transaction and I will probably buy from him again.

This is the only place I have gone to buy a gun, and the sales person started to questioning the guy I held the door open for as I walked in. They questioned him like I was buying the gun for him, the only thing I said to the guy was "no problem" when he said " thanks" for me holding the door open for him. It was very awkward and have gone back since but had a problem every time with the workers. Another time it was very busy I knew what gun I wanted to buy and had the rifle and cash to pay for it in hand, but every single worker in the store told me they were helping someone else. So put the rifle back and left, I have not been back since and would never tell someone to go there to buy anything, even if its cheaper!!

dual smoking guns in Beaverton has done this same thing to alot of people as well, keiths is now kinda known for doing this same thing. I know someone who went to pick up a gun (after waiting 4months) from dual smoking guns because they called him and told him it came in and get it. when he got there they told them they made a mistake and had just minutes ago sold his pistol to someone else. He simply asked for the money back or a date when his pistol would be availible and they told him to leave, he simple asked for a date or the money back again, the guy behind the counter actually pulled his gun and held him for the police and had him charged with tresspass. Keiths is getting there. Its like they dont want to be there, or are to good to answer questions.

I was at Keith's once again today, this will be my third time in his store and I've visited him once at a gun show. They were extremely busy today, but at no time did I feel under served. The staff was knowledgeable and polite and I even talked with one of the workers for a few minutes about reloading 7.62x54R (also grabbed some Winchester while I was there.) My buddy walked out with a Glock and was tempted to buy something else as well, but he and Keith couldn't come to an agreement on the Hk USP he brought in for trade. I've never been treated poorly at the store or disrespectfully. The staff today was very busy, and while they may have been short with answers we were asked multiple times if we needed help or if we were being helped. Myself and now 2 friends have bought guns from Keith and have always had great service. I would recommend Keith's to others and do so.

I see everyone, has the same opinion, price are faily good, they also did (not sure now) but give LO and Miliatry breaks on "Glock" handguns BUT thier customer service SUCKS...., I been in there and waited forever for service and they(Empolyees) don't seem to be happy working there.
my 2 cents..

MSgt, USAF (Ret.):s0160:

There is a store in Gresham, Or
They call it Keith's house of fun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

My mother was a tailor
She sewed my camo jeans
My father was a huntin man
Way down in ol' Eugene

Now the only thing a shooter needs
Is a clear shot and steady hands
And the only thing he cares about
Is where the bullet lands

Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your fortune in ammo and accessories
In Keith's house of fun

Well, I got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to ol' Eugene
To wearing camo in the rain

Well, there is a store in Gresham, Or
They call it Keith's house of fun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top