JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've bought a couple of guns from Keith's with no problems. In one case, I did my research and knew exactly what I wanted. In another case, one of the guys there recommended a rifle, I thanked him for the info, I returned home to research it, and then I returned a couple of days later to buy it. If I can't get to a Collector's West Gunshow at the Expo Center, then I'll buy my ammo at Keith's also, because I honestly can't find another local retail place with better prices.

I've bought a few guns at NW Armory, but their selection, especially for accessories and ammo, wasn't as good and their prices seemed higher. I've also tried Beavercreek and The Security Store, but I could never find what I was looking for there.

I was admonished once by the young girl working at Keith's for allowing the bolt to slam forward on a Ruger SR 556, but it's their property, it's an expensive rifle, and I've since been schooled by other gun experts I trust that slamming the bolt carrier on someone else's rifle is not good etiquette.

I've also gone there to check out new guns, and that young girl was friendly and showed me what I wanted to see, even though she probably knew it was a waste of her time. A job like that has got to be tough after you've done it a few years.

Overall, I would easily buy my next gun at Keith's.

My experience with being in Keith's many times is that they are doing you a favor by talking to you. They provide customer service to, and BS with the people they know first, and if you're lucky they will get around to you. I've never had that kind of time or patience. I stood at the counter with my wallet in my hand one day waiting to buy a particular used lever gun for my son and was ignored for 10 minutes while clerks talked to their LE buddies, their SO's, on the phone, etc. The only time I have seen this attitude change was when I bought a CC holster. It was the only place that had the one I wanted. Otherwise, I shop elsewhere first.

I've only bought 1 shotgun through them, it was a used Remington 870 police magnum. Great price, sold privately a few later for the same price. They've got great selection and prices, not as much accessories as I would expect. Almost every time I stop in they have alot of customers so I can understand why it's so hard to get their attention. However when their not busy, I all but have to reach across the counter and start shaking what I want to see to get them to help me. All things considered I can't complain about anyone's customer service after having been in The Gun Room!

I visited the store for the first time today. I was not intending to buy anything, just to look around. It was lunch time, there were several other customers in there and I'll bet I was asked 3 times in about 10 minutes if I needed any help. Everyone seemed friendly and the prices that I saw fair. Decent selection of used rifles. I like that.

I rated them average. A sign in the front window kinda pissed me off. "No loaded weapons in the store except for active Law Enforcement. No exceptions". Hmmmmm, doesn't seem to care too much about CHP holders. Doubt I'll be going back.

I have to say that I did break down and go in there the other day to check the price on a Bushmaster Varminter. Not only was I helped after I stated up front that I wasn't buying that day and just wanted to check prices, the salesperson let me handle several different black rifles so that I could get a feel for each brand, model, and barrel length. I thought I was in the wrong store.

Nice shop, one of the better handgun selections I've seen so far, lots of room, well stocked, reasonable prices, lots of windows and light to see everything in the place, and everyone working there was actively helping someone. I went on a Wednesday at about 10am and they were already busy. About 2 couples, and 5-6 other people walking around. It was so busy in there that I had to wait a moment or two to see in the cases, but it wasn't a big deal since we were all taking turns browsing. Took a couple minutes for someone to ask us if we needed help, but completely understandable given the fact that everyone was busy. The guy who asked us came over in less than 2 minutes after asking and looked up what I was looking for on their computer and answered my questions. Nice place, good service. Didn't purchase, but I'll definitely go back.

Hi all first post here.

I encountered Keith at the rose city gun show and the phrase "poor customer service" hardly describes it.

Never had a problem with any of the other merchants at the show.

Hi all first post here.

I encountered Keith at the rose city gun show and the phrase "poor customer service" hardly describes it.

Never had a problem with any of the other merchants at the show.

Really? I was there yesterday, made a purchase, and everyone working there was super great and polite. His wife went over the paperwork with me, and Keith himself ran my background check. Maybe you mean the wait? There were a ton of people making purchases and they were really busy when I was there. Took about 30-45 min before my info was run through because so many people were ahead of me. It was understandable so I browsed some more while I waited. No biggie.

Well, I needed a soft case for my new Bushmaster Varminter so I thought I'd see how Keith's was doing on the customer service thing. It wasn't hard to find someone to help me, and he even helped pick out the right case. The only hangup came as he was ringing it up. His cell phone rang, and there ensued a 5 minute conversation about remodeling a bathroom while I stood there at the counter, waiting. I would have left but the guy had my credit card in his hand. At one point Keith came over and rang something up for another customer. He could not have helped hearing what the conversation on the cell phone was about, but he didn't say a word. Aside from that they've been doing better lately in the customer service department.

Okay, something weird must be happening. I went in the other day to buy some accessories and the saleperson was very nice to me. We even joked around a little bit about the weirdo that was in line in front of me pestering her about whether he could buy a gun or not with a criminal history. Maybe they got tired of having such a bad rep. I will have to say the young kid that works there was still pretty much a douche. The guy he was dealing with was getting fed up with his attitude while i was looking at holsters.

Never had a problem with Keith's either at their retail location or the Expo gun shows.

I had a heck of a time getting a CZ Kadet 22 kit to fit my P-01, and Keith spent several minutes trying his best to get the fit right. Long story short, I ended up buying two long rifles on that same trip. Admittedly, this was during mid-week, so YMMV for a Saturday visit.

I was in there a few months ago with my GSSF paperwork for the 'free' glock I had just won.
The process requires you to get a signed copy of the FFL from the dealer where you are going to have the gun shipped to for transfer purposes. Keiths is the closest to my home so I decided to swallow the high transfer fees since the gun didnt cost anything and get it through them.
The documentation is very specific. It states that the FFL copy MUST BE HAND SIGNED. PHOTO COPIED SIGNATURES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. Says it right on the document that it matters not if the dealer is an official glock stocking dealer or not. The gal who was helping me brought me a copy of their FFL that had an obviously copied signature (Keith obviously was not in). I told her and showed her the instructions and she steadfastly stated that 'its ok, we are an official glock dealer, they have our information on file'. I showed here where the instrucktions said this didnt matter and she continued to say it was ok and that if glock rejected the paperwork that they would then correct it. I couldnt believe my ears. THere was no way in heck I was going to turn a 90 day wait into a 180 day wait. Finally I just took the copy home, shredded it and went to the new Shop in Sandy where the transfer was way cheaper, the service more friendly and the business a member of this site.
Cant say I wont go back to keiths, but that kind of thing really pisses me off.

I called Keith's just over a week ago and asked for a price on a shotgun. The gentlemen who helped me was very polite and didn't seem "put out" by my questions and pestering about making sure the details were exactly what I wanted. He called me back less than an hour later with the price. I was driving at the time, so couldn't give him my CC info. I called him back when I got home, gave him the CC info and placed the order. I'm still waiting for a call that the weapon came in so I can go pick it up, but so far it has been a good experience.

I called Keith's just over a week ago and asked for a price on a shotgun. The gentlemen who helped me was very polite and didn't seem "put out" by my questions and pestering about making sure the details were exactly what I wanted. He called me back less than an hour later with the price. I was driving at the time, so couldn't give him my CC info. I called him back when I got home, gave him the CC info and placed the order. I'm still waiting for a call that the weapon came in so I can go pick it up, but so far it has been a good experience.

This might sound crazy but I did this exact same thing! I called on Friday looking for a Mossberg 930 the guy who answered was polite. I asked if they had the model I wanted in stock, but of course they did not have it. I gave him my name and number and he called me back on my drive home. The next day I gave them a call back and this time a lady answered, she told me she couldn't call the distributor because they were closed, but I proceeded to order my shotgun anyways. Now I just have to play the waiting game with them. I'm going to give them a call Monday morning to see if they remembered to place the order.

I actually bought my first handgun at Keith's at the PDX gun show.

This might sound crazy but I did this exact same thing! I called on Friday looking for a Mossberg 930 the guy who answered was polite. I asked if they had the model I wanted in stock, but of course they did not have it. I gave him my name and number and he called me back on my drive home. The next day I gave them a call back and this time a lady answered, she told me she couldn't call the distributor because they were closed, but I proceeded to order my shotgun anyways. Now I just have to play the waiting game with them. I'm going to give them a call Monday morning to see if they remembered to place the order.

I actually bought my first handgun at Keith's at the PDX gun show.

I ordered a Browning BPS Camo Duck Blind, 12 guage, 28" barrel, 3" chamber.

was a loyal keith's customer for 12 years. Bought and sold more than a few guns from him. Service usually stank but I tolerated it because selection is awesome and usually his price was the best... although I would find exceptions occasionally. When you could get Keith to focus on you for a moment it was great. short of that most of his people didn't give a damn.

Recently at a gun show I showed him a pistol I was interested in trading in. He offered me $50 below what I was hoping, but it was a fair offer. I said I just wanted to think about it a moment. Came back 30 minutes later ready to do the deal. he refused to do the deal. He began to lecture me (it was a lecture I assure you) on how he had always been fair to me (I'm thinking when did I dispute that?) and I should have taken the deal. He then said he wasn't going to give me the deal.

I was pissed and walked away. on reflection I wanted to be a good customer for him so I thought I would tell him the monologue was inapporpriate for a loyal customer. I was fine that he did not want to do the deal, but to lecture me and dismiss me like I had been offensive made no sense. I stood at the table for 5 minutes ( yes i counted) so as to speak with Keith. He walked by me more times than I could count. several of his staff told him I was standing and waiting. He continued to walk by me w/o looking at me. Finally his #2 man came up and asked if I needed anything. I told the guy to tell Keith that I used to be a loyal customer and that I would take my bus. elsewhere.

That day I went to NW Armory and bought 2 guns. I got great service, and yes it was cheaper than Keiths. I used to laugh at the NW Armory commercials claiming to be the premier gun store, especially compared to Keith's selection, and generally good prices. Now I know NWA is better. They lose a little on selection, but their service is far superior and their prices are the same or better.

There are better prices out there if you do the homework, and you will not have to deal with the "I'm number one and you have to like me or get the **** out" attitude!

Proudly shared, russell.

My buddy has always recommended them to me, and he is treated like royalty so to speak when he goes in there. It might have something to do with the amount of money he has pumped through their shop over the years, but my only experience with them wasn't the greatest, and can honestly say I will never go back to them. I picked up a Wasr-10, and just wanted to pick up about 100 rounds of 7.62. I was ignored for about 10 minutes, and the store had only 2 other customers in it. My wife said lets just leave they obviously dont want our business, and Keith finally walked over to me. I asked for the 7.62, and he just set the boxes on the counter. I found it odd that he never said a word to me, and would have just left them sitting there, but I didn't want to drive out of my way for such a small purchase. I can tell they definately cater to regulars, and I will not be one of them. I am a novice to firearms, but I am slowly getting there, so good service, and a little patience go a long way for me. My business will be going to Gunbroker on 82nd, and Rapid Fire Arms LLC. in Sandy. In fact I am ordering a Remington 700 .308 from Rapid Fire next week. I also disagree with Keith's being the cheapest in town Rapid Fire although their in-stock selection is a little limited tends to run a little cheaper than most shops in town.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top