JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I've got a Python that I haven't shot yet, get rid of her in favor of an SAA

• Keep the 90s Python

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Sell the Python and get a Colt SAA in 45LC

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
1667592483860.png

Aloha, Mark

Last time around it was a question of another 1911 in favor of selling the Python, and the addition of a SAA was an afterthought.
Might poke around on the Colt forum, as you never know what you might dig up. That fellow found an engraved 1878 SAA with a metal detector in Colorado. However, I believe the greatest SAA knowledge bank is to be found on that forum. Classifieds too.

Always a single action fan, colt, ruger or uberti. There is just something about them. Have three currently, two rugers (one is a convertible) and a nicely polished uberti in stainless. All in .45. The python is a beauty but a mechanically complex firearm. Always lusted after a colt saa, they have become even more unattainable for me.

Tough call here....I crave the Python but shoot a SAA better, depending caliber. Majority of shooting DA/SA, I still pull the hammer back. More for the accuracy on the DA and you gots to on the SA to make it run!
All that stated above....I would lean towards the SAA, IF its the right caliber for the OP.

Dont reduce, increase the count. Nothing says you can't have one more!

I like 'em both.
With that said I do have a fondness for a Colt Single Action Army.

What generation Colt do you have in mind...?
Also worth considering...
.45 Colt ammo is expensive and difficult to come by.
Handloading will be your friend here.
Andy

Being that I'm not a collector I'm not sure my opinion weighs much.

I'd say sell it. I don't hold onto much of it doesn't get shot or used except those that belong to family. Those will get passed down. If my kid sells those, so be it. Hell, I'm not dead yet, so I might even sell those ones in time!

Point being, anything is in the table as long as it is what I want.

Best wishes on the decision.

I like 'em both.
With that said I do have a fondness for a Colt Single Action Army.

What generation Colt do you have in mind...?
Also worth considering...
.45 Colt ammo is expensive and difficult to come by.
Handloading will be your friend here.
Andy
At this point, it would be whatever I could get me hands on. Pickings seem kind of slim.

A little twinge of sadness passes through me when I think of all of the guns that have passed through my hands in 83 years. :(
But the things I miss the most are my .22 K-Hornet, my Studebaker Golden Hawk and maybe a Blond or two. :s0093:

Last Edited: