JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't click but my thinking is that with police defunding and the associated lack of prosecutorial manpower one just carry around a lawn chair so one can wait in comfort after summoning the police regarding a defensive shooting.
It weighs about as much as a slide but is much more practical.

Well lets see you could lightly polish the firing pin or change it out,. scuff up the bolt face on the slide a bit and scuff or polish up the inside of the chamber and fix the problem as well but hay it was a bad guy that did the hit so what do you expect.

There so many ways to change up a Glock and other guns to make it reasonable doubt it is the gun you have but first and for most don't do the crime and you will not have to worry about it.

Well lets see you could lightly polish the firing pin or change it out,. scuff up the bolt face on the slide a bit and scuff or polish up the inside of the chamber and fix the problem as well but hay it was a bad guy that did the hit so what do you expect.

There so many ways to change up a Glock and other guns to make it reasonable doubt it is the gun you have but first and for most don't do the crime and you will not have to worry about it.
It would be interesting to see the comparison photos of two cases and see exactly what marks they use for a match. I noted in the article that they used this for leads but it doesn't mention using it for convictions. Maybe this isn't good enough for court yet?

I suspect this will be on lawmakers agenda soon to have manfufactures be required to provide these photos for each gun coming off the assembly line.

I know two folks that are considered professional experts in the firearm field and go to court on self defense cases and the functionality of firearms and yes in many states they can use casings to verify what firearm they came out of and then if any casings or the gun has finger prints or DNA on them then they can link you to the gun. Most local police forces are not set up to do that and have to send it off to be tested and lab time it not cheap.

The technology has been around for a long time as each firing pin has a unique look as well as bolt face and striations in the chamber. Look at your gun with a magnifying glass and you will see machining marks/nicks that are hard to spot with the human eye.

If you do a google search you should be able to find crime data and shell casings and you do not need a 100 percent match just like fingerprints an 87 percent match with certain key caricature features being the same can qualify as a match.

That's why you load your mags with rubber gloves on and pick up brass from your local gun range to toss down at the crime seen to confuse them. LOL

suspect this will be on lawmakers agenda soon to have manfufactures be required to provide these photos for each gun coming off the assembly line.
That's why they put fired shell cased in gun boxes at one time as some states had to turn them into law enforcement when a gun was sold so they could put it in their data base. They found after 15 years or so it did not really help so as far as I know they stopped it as I have not seen a fired case in a new purchase in a very long time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top