JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope I herd it on the scanner hahahaha... the cops did not know what to do was funny... the firearm description changed a dozen times from a Colt 45 to a Revolver hahaha... They did not even have a K9 Available guess the perp got away...

Yup, a staggering percentage of bank robberies are successful with the crook getting away. I learned about the figures when I got a job at a bank a year and a half ago (gone now)

I forgot the numbers though.

Even when there is a clear picture taken on the cameras it's still really no help.

Yup, a staggering percentage of bank robberies are successful with the crook getting away.

Even when there is a clear picture taken on the cameras it's still really no help.

I wonder what the robbery success percentage would be if banks required there tellers to have adequate training and always carry a gun. They could easily shoot the thug down and then when the cops show up they could get as many clear pictures as they need:cool:

I wonder what the robbery success percentage would be if banks required there tellers to have adequate training and always carry a gun. They could easily shoot the thug down and then when the cops show up they could get as many clear pictures as they need:cool:

Oh believe me I would love that. I tried so many times to have them allow me to carry a firearm in there, but nope.

Banks general policy is give them what they want, threat or not, weapon or no weapon. The majority of bank robberies there is never a weapon produced also, it's pretty interesting.

Only time you don't have to comply with a robbery is if you're behind a bandit barrier and you can clearly see that they don't have a weapon.

My location was robbed once and on my day off of course. The girls that worked with me were glad I was off or else "the robbery might have been so easy for both parties"

Years ago... okay, so not too long ago, but when I was in high school I wrote a report about gun control and how Switzerland was (at the time) very relaxed in their gun laws (and we all know that Switzerland has a fair number of banks).

During my research I came across several articles talking about the low number of traditional bank robberies in Switzerland because everyone knows that everyone is armed for the most part. They cited an incident where someone did use a weapon to rob a bank and the teller pulled a gun and shot the robber...

Switzerland's culture was very relaxed about guns... since they are militia powered, every man was issued a gun and ammo, had training. Going to the gun range/club was like going to the golf range in America. Even kids were at the range at an early age.

Now some more liberal politicians have come to Switzerland and their gun laws are not as relaxed, but for many years the number of gun related crimes dropped dramatically.

Whatever happened to those exploding dye packs? I thought those were the big solution.

That would be awesome if they had those, but I think banks are ruling things out that "anger" robbers.

We even stopped using bait money at our branches just because the robbers became wise to what they were given.

The majority of robberies are just the tellers tills and is usually a job that takes under a minute. So I don't think there would really be time to hand them the dye pack in this day.

<broken link removed>

Robber strikes east Vancouver bank

Thursday, August 13 | 2:04 p.m.

BY LAURA MCVICKER
COLUMBIAN STAFF WRITER

Police apprehended a suspect accused of robbing a branch of Key Bank in east Vancouver this morning.

Around 11 a.m., Vancouver police officers chased the man from the bank, 13215 S.E. Mill Plain Boulevard, to Wy'east Middle School, 1112 S.E. 136th Ave. There, they took him into custody.

Details on the robbery weren't immediately known.

The robbery was the bank's second this week. On Tuesday, a man armed with a .45 caliber handgun was implicated in a hold up there. Vancouver police spokeswoman Kim Kapp said she didn't yet know if the robberies were perpetrated by the same person.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top