JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well after having to sell my rem 700 in 243cal I now was able to get a new gun to replace it, I decided to go with a savage model 11F in 243. Took it out Sunday to sight it in and really like the gun, it shoots very good. It likes the hornady 58gr vmax at 100 yards three shots were all touching clover leaf they call it. I normally use hornady 75gr vmax with varget powder. But am wondering if anyone out there has a pet reload using 70-80gr bullets, specially if Your loads are for savage. I also like the accutrigger.

I'm curious, why such light bullets? I haven't done much with a .243, but we've always shot 100gr bullets out of them (seemed to group better than the lighter ones we tried; granted, we were using box ammo).

Good luck with your new Savage. We got my girlfriend a new model 11 youth this season, and it seems great. We did have a problem while sighting it in that turned out to be user error, but worth mentioning. Because the gun was so small, I rested the front of the fore-end of the stock on the bags, and I couldn't figure out why the pattern was so poor. It turned out that as I put pressure on the gun, the stock would flex and touch the barrel. Once we moved the bags back behind the sling stud, it shot like a Savage. I have never had a stock flex enough to affect the barrel float before this, so we'll do some more experimenting before using sticks or a bi-pod to make sure it doesn't cause issues.

I noticed the same thing. Now thinking I should have got the accu-stock with it.
Well I still can but may have to pay more or just reinforce the one that came with it. Cause I do use a bipod or monopod while hunting for coyotes and that's why I like the lighter bullets.

Thanks twodogs I'll make note of that to try it after I finishes trying some loads of 75gr vmax and 80gr nosler.
Using H414 Will be giving them a try this Saturday.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top