JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Additional steps: eForm 1 Silencer submission

Looks like theyre going to get a pic of my mill and lathe and a pile of metal.

Dear eForm 1 applicant,
The National Firearms Act (NFA) Division received your ATF eForm 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm. As a part of the application process, NFA Division must confirm that the making or possession of a firearm would not place the applicant in violation of law.[1]
NFA Division requests that you provide certain additional information so that it may determine whether your eForm 1 application to make a silencer may lawfully be approved. Specifically, please submit to NFA Division the following:​
  • Pictures of the parts that you will use to make the silencer (the pictures should be clear and allow the identification of the parts photographed),
  • A description of the processes you will use to assemble or fabricate the silencer,
  • The product, model, or kit name, if any, of each device and/or part that you will use to make the silencer, and
  • The source from which the parts were obtained, i.e., the name of the store, website, etc.
The additional information may be submitted to NFA Division at the following email address: [email protected]. Please include the form Permit Control Number or eForm ID in the Subject bar for each correspondence with attachments. The additional information may also be sent by mail to:
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
National Firearms Act Division
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV25405
Without the additional descriptive information, NFA Division will be unable to determine whether the eForm 1 application to make a silencer may lawfully be approved. Therefore, failure to submit the requested information by March 25, 2022, will result in your application being disapproved and your $200.00 making tax refunded.​

They've been taking lessons from the California DoJ. This is what happens when citizens are required to undergo a computer application in order to get permission for something. He who controls the computer is the boss, even when the software requirements are not based on any law. It takes months or years to get a judge to force them to modify the software to match the law.

Show us your your lathe and bar stock
B2362674-E77B-4EE0-BF18-6DB6BBC19F93.jpeg

Permit/Control No: 2022304xxx

To whom it concerns

I will be building a 8" long 5.56mm specific silencer using mostly grade 2 titanium baffles that I will be machining on my South Bend lathe. The first two baffles in the silencer will be stainless steel Additional machining steps will be carried out using my Bridgeport milling machine. Ina addition I have a vintage Hendey lathe enroute that I will be transitioning to.

The baffles will be Omega style and will consist of 7 qty baffles bored to .325" as this will be used on a Kalashnikov variant rifle and I need a wide bore spacing to prevent baffle strikes and to keep the gas system pressure down to a reasonable level. Baffles will be 1.355" diameter and single clipped. There will be a sleeve internally to allow for easier baffle removal and cleaning

The Distal cap will be stainless steel and machined to 1.4375"x 20 for the tube side and 26x1.5mm for the rifle side.

List of components:

Grade 2 1 foot long Titanium rod: https://www.mcmaster.com/89145K23-89145K431/

Grade 2 1 foot long titanium tubing https://www.onlinemetals.com/en/buy...itanium-round-tube-grade-2-seamless/pid/20849

The equipment that will be used :

Bridgeport Mill

1646403580552.png

Southbend lathe

1646403626316.png

Hendey Lathe

1646403386154.png

Last Edited:
The Hearing Protection Act needs to be passed and signed in early 2025 assuming the expected political shift happens. The only reason they are NFA to begin with was fear of poaching when the NFA was passed during the depression. Even more ridiculous is that silencers are mandatory for hunting in many countries that are otherwise not very firearm friendly. I guess Authoritarians just gotta Authoritarian.

I be curious if they approve this... or not. Watching this thread.

I also be a machinist and might like to make one in the future.

Probably wait for a different administration to be in charge though.

Sounds like somebody at the ATF took notice of all the form 1's you've submitted lately.
Maybe they think you're running a suppressor factory.

The Hearing Protection Act needs to be passed and signed in early 2025 assuming the expected political shift happens. The only reason they are NFA to begin with was fear of poaching when the NFA was passed during the depression. Even more ridiculous is that silencers are mandatory for hunting in many countries that are otherwise not very firearm friendly. I guess Authoritarians just gotta Authoritarian.
It's a big club, and we aren't in it.
Every year, both major parties trot out some bullschit to rile up/satiate their base.
The hearing protection act will never be passed or signed.
The NFA and GCA will NEVER be repealed.

It will always be hinted at that there is a possibility of this to drum up support for BOTH major parties.

Sorry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads