JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a big club, and we aren't in it.
Every year, both major parties trot out some bullschit to rile up/satiate their base.
The hearing protection act will never be passed or signed.
The NFA and GCA will NEVER be repealed.

It will always be hinted at that there is a possibility of this to drum up support for BOTH major parties.

Sorry.
Keep an eye on Texas's you-have-no-power-here-fedboi suppressor law.

I agree that, I don't think the NFA or GCA will ever be repealed…but maybe, just maybe, the scope of the NFA will be limited to interstate commerce…I'd expect nearly every state to have at least 1 company opening up a can factory after that ruling.

The end result isn't as great as a repeal, but it's close enough for now for me.

Permit/Control No: 2022304xxx

To whom it concerns

I will be building a 8" long 5.56mm specific silencer using mostly grade 2 titanium baffles that I will be machining on my South Bend lathe. The first two baffles in the silencer will be stainless steel Additional machining steps will be carried out using my Bridgeport milling machine. Ina addition I have a vintage Hendey lathe enroute that I will be transitioning to.

The baffles will be Omega style and will consist of 7 qty baffles bored to .325" as this will be used on a Kalashnikov variant rifle and I need a wide bore spacing to prevent baffle strikes and to keep the gas system pressure down to a reasonable level. Baffles will be 1.355" diameter and single clipped. There will be a sleeve internally to allow for easier baffle removal and cleaning

The Distal cap will be stainless steel and machined to 1.4375"x 20 for the tube side and 26x1.5mm for the rifle side.

List of components:

Grade 2 1 foot long Titanium rod: https://www.mcmaster.com/89145K23-89145K431/

Grade 2 1 foot long titanium tubing https://www.onlinemetals.com/en/buy...itanium-round-tube-grade-2-seamless/pid/20849

The equipment that will be used :

Bridgeport Mill

View attachment 1145435

Southbend lathe

View attachment 1145436

Hendey Lathe

View attachment 1145433
CTRL-C

I can see a mid level ATF desk jockey bureaucrat asking himself "How many suppressors does one guy need, we better check this guy out."
They keep cashing the checks. It's like I tell people when they act shocked about how many guns I have. I can only shoot two at a time.

Keep an eye on Texas's you-have-no-power-here-fedboi suppressor law.

I agree that, I don't think the NFA or GCA will ever be repealed…but maybe, just maybe, the scope of the NFA will be limited to interstate commerce…I'd expect nearly every state to have at least 1 company opening up a can factory after that ruling.

The end result isn't as great as a repeal, but it's close enough for now for me.
Even that one isn't a safeguard from the feds. The way those rules shake out is the same as the weed thing here. If the feds come knocking, it's still federally illegal. It just means that the state won't help the feds in the investigation or with manpower or state attorneys. Same thing in Missouri and Kansas.

The only love letter I want to see from them is:

"We are writing to officially inform you that this agency has been permanently disbanded. All previous rule changes have been rescinded. All tax stamps have been refunded in full. Please see your enclosed check."

The only love letter I want to see from them is:

"We are writing to officially inform you that this agency has been permanently disbanded. All previous rule changes have been rescinded. All tax stamps have been refunded in full. Please see your enclosed check."

I, too, have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have a dream that one day out in the green hills of Oregon the sons of liberals and the sons of conservatives will be able to stand together at the firing line.

I have a dream that one day even the state of New York, a state bitterly cold with the chill of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my little girl will one day live in a nation where she will not be judged by the caliber of her carry but by the accuracy of her shot.

I have a dream today.

I, too, have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have a dream that one day out in the green hills of Oregon the sons of liberals and the sons of conservatives will be able to stand together at the firing line.

I have a dream that one day even the state of New York, a state bitterly cold with the chill of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my little girl will one day live in a nation where she will not be judged by the caliber of her carry but by the accuracy of her shot.

I have a dream today.
Well…. The children of liberals most likely will sit at the firing line, but the conservative kids will put the seats down for them.

;):D

Permit/Control No: 2022304xxx

To whom it concerns

I will be building a 8" long 5.56mm specific silencer using mostly grade 2 titanium baffles that I will be machining on my South Bend lathe. The first two baffles in the silencer will be stainless steel Additional machining steps will be carried out using my Bridgeport milling machine. Ina addition I have a vintage Hendey lathe enroute that I will be transitioning to.

The baffles will be Omega style and will consist of 7 qty baffles bored to .325" as this will be used on a Kalashnikov variant rifle and I need a wide bore spacing to prevent baffle strikes and to keep the gas system pressure down to a reasonable level. Baffles will be 1.355" diameter and single clipped. There will be a sleeve internally to allow for easier baffle removal and cleaning

The Distal cap will be stainless steel and machined to 1.4375"x 20 for the tube side and 26x1.5mm for the rifle side.

List of components:

Grade 2 1 foot long Titanium rod: https://www.mcmaster.com/89145K23-89145K431/

Grade 2 1 foot long titanium tubing https://www.onlinemetals.com/en/buy...itanium-round-tube-grade-2-seamless/pid/20849

The equipment that will be used :

Bridgeport Mill

View attachment 1145435

Southbend lathe

View attachment 1145436

Hendey Lathe

View attachment 1145433
Bwahahaaa. Thought thos pics looked familiar. I commented on your FB comment yesterday. And I still wish I had those resources available to me.

They keep cashing the checks. It's like I tell people when they act shocked about how many guns I have. I can only shoot two at a time.

Not true....if you're trying....

w840fq6e70j71.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews