JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The file work did not come out perfect, but overall it is a nice blade. Handles are black walnut and ebony. The steel is from an old sawmill band saw and really has some flex to it.
fOKt1LS.jpg
dcmWseR.jpg

Here is a short video of me making it.

That turned out great, good job!!! :) An old bandsaw blade that has been hot and flexed around the wheels countless times is perfect! That's so cool!

Nicely done, now when should I expect delivery of said instrument to field test? I do know how to put it through its paces. ;)

What could possibly go wrong? :s0140:

I had been planning this midweek excursion for over two weeks, searched for reports, looking for accommodations at an RV park, getting the boat ready & lining up a fishing partner.
All was set when a text comes telling me that my fishing partner "can't make it"...... I should have just bagged the whole trip but as stuburn as I am I just "sucked it up" and went anyways.

I arrived at the RV park at 9:30 pm, dropped the boat, got the camper off the truck & reconnected to the boat. During the last hour of setting up the site I pop my right shoulder & it's hurting pretty bad so I iced it, ate dinner, took some pain meds and crashed at 11:30.

I awoke at 4 o'clock but snoozed till 4:30 and got to the Speeliya boat ramp around 6:10. Got the boat launched & tied to the dock, took my stand in fishing partner for a short walk to do her business.....
View attachment 384328
I actually got started fishing at 6:30 and went right out to the waterfall area and nailed a big 13 incher at 7am (34' OTW (on the downrigger wire)) thinking that this was going to be a stellar day of lake Merwin Kokanee fishing like the old days!!!!
I didn't have another bite for over 2 hours till about 9am, when heading west around the waterfall the port rod trips but nothing was on the other end.....:s0110:
At 10:50 the starboard rod popped and connected with a 13 inch Fatboy and into the cooler it went, was down 52 feet on the rigger right by the point headed towards Speeliyia bay.
View attachment 384330

I'm done at 12:30 with two fat fish so i put the kicker into neutral & the cable snapped!!! Then while reeling in the last rod it breaks 4" from the tip...:s0054: ARRGGHHH there will be no fishing tomorrow. Yes I have more than one rod but that's not the point.... Im Done.
I go to the RV park to register & pay for the accommodations and since it's after 1 pm I had to pay for 2 nights.... no problem but damn.:s0124: I'm headed home anyways...

View attachment 384329

I have had many a fishing trip through out the years with ant mishaps at all (well ok, maybe a few minor ones) but all of a sudden "WHAM".... :s0009:

I used Les Davis & DV flashers with purple, orange & pink mini hoochies with tuna & bloody tuna scents.
There was a white Alumaweld with a lone occupant that was pulling fish in with regularity, I was in the marron Jetcraft fishing the same waters.

To be continued when I can remember some of the ones from years gone by....:s0142:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top