JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
UPS finally delivered the scope, mount and trigger yesterday evening. swapped the Mil-Spec trigger out and got the scope squared and mounted. I ordered some Lehigh Defense 250gr Controlled Fracturing bullets along with some Cutting Edge "Maximus" bullets but they won't be delivered until the 26th. For now I'll zero it and break in the barrel with the 250gr Sierra's.

The .375 Raptor case is simply formed. One pass with a .308 Win case, through a .375 Raptor full length die. Then trim to length and load.

The .375 Raptor produced 3360+ foot pounds of energy at the muzzle with the 250gr Sierra's and is still a heavy hitter with the 350gr Sierra Match King's subsonic.

.375 Raptor
Aero Precision M5 upper, lower set
Aero Gen II 15" Keymod handguard

18" X-Caliber stainless barrel
10 twist
Mid length gas
SPR contour
11/16-24 muzzle threads
Anderson adjustable gas block
Wilson Combat TR-QCOMP
NIB coated bolt carrier group

Ambi selector/safety
Odin extended Mag release
Phase 5 extended bolt catch/release
CMC flat two stage 2/2 trigger
Ant rotation pins
Magpul grip
MILBUS carbine stock

Kinetic Development Group Sidelok 30mm mount
Leupold 4.5-14x50 Long Range Precision (LRP) Impact 32 MOA reticle

IMG_6586_zpsvbh1n35e.jpg

.308 case left/ .375 Raptor right.

IMG_6587_zpsc2omnl7m.jpg

IMG_6588_zpsswo3gfz7.jpg

IMG_6589_zpskoypvrqf.jpg

Wow, very nice. I would very much like to build a Left Hand version. Stag Arms upper and lower. Also the retro A2 Rifle butt stock and hand guards with a park 20" barrel with A2 bird cage flash hider. Detachable A2 carry handle.

You can bust just about anything you want with your build. Anything. :)

Hundreds of AR15 builds but not one AR10. :)

Well, it shoots!

I loaded up 5 rounds with the Lehigh Defense 250gr Controlled Fracturing bullets. I used the load data from the .375 Raptor web site. Started with 43.5gr of 10X at the seating depth they suggested (2.690). This was a seriously compressed load. So I only loaded five. Just to see if they would go bang! Along with checking to see how the AR functioned. I bore sighted the rifle and fired 5 at the 100 yard line. Off the bipod with a rear bag.

My cold/clean bore shot was out, which I expected. The next four stacked up a hair over half inch! I was more than pleased. The AR fed well, bolt locked back on a the last round.

Upon inspection of the cases, I felt there was a little excessive primer flow around the firing pin Strike. This could also be due to the larger firing pin hole on my bolt.

IMG_6647.JPG IMG_6648.JPG

I then cleaned the bore and loaded up 5 more rounds. I dropped the powder charge by half a grain (43grs). I never made a scope adjustment, I left the scope the same as it was with the 100 yard group above. I fired two rounds at the 100 yard line to foul the bore, my impact point changed slightly due to the reduction in the powder charge but not by much.

I then settled in and sent three shots to the 200 yard line. Under half inch for three! I'll take that!!! I really like the open center reticle on the LRP's impact 32 reticle. I can hold small and not cover my hold Point.

I loaded up 21 more. In the morning I'll zero it at 200 yards and call it good. With the Wilson Combat Q-COMP recoil is inbetween a 6.8 SPC and a .308.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Range session.

IMG_6654.JPG IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_6664.JPG This thing is bad and and a kick to shoot!!!!

Only issue is at about 20 rounds the bore starts to copper up and the groups start to open up.

The CMC 2/2 trigger is by far my go to trigger.

I need to order more Lehigh's, hovering right at 1/2 moa, group after group at 200 yards. Zeroed it at 200 and that puts me
2 1/2" high at 100 yards. Tomorrow, I'll take it to 300 yards and get my scope Dope.

Last Edited:
I'l post the specifics of the 375 as well as the 7's when I get back. I am about to go purchase more bullets as I only planned to shoot to develop my hunting load.

Well my finger and brain were not connected because i kept saying I need to stop or I have to go buy more and with the ice storm moving in that SHOULD have been what I did.

It' so damn fun to shoot i am now going out for more. Lol

The burnt bronze is a 16inch 7Raptor.
The Purple is my wife's 20inch 7Raptor.
Screenshot_20171201-134323.jpg
Screenshot_20171201-134333.jpg

Ok

375 Raptor

22 inch stainless 1-10 twist. X-caliber.net
X-terminator Muzzle Brake. X-caliber.net
Custom variable gas block. Medeshafirearms.com
EDGE handguard. Brigandarms.com
Xanthos-Lite receiver set. 2a-arms.com
LR-308 Titanium Takedown pins. 2a-arms.com
Lantac E-BCG 308 heavy. Lantac-usa.com
JP EnhancedBolt. Jprifles.com
Safety - don't Like so well skip
Radiant Raptor charge hndl. Radianweapons.com
Sloped quick disconnect end plate. Phase5wsi.com
QD angled swivel loop. Phase5wsi.com
Elftmann AR10 trigger. Elftactical.com
Vseven buffer tube. Vsevenweaponsystems.com

Thermal Scope - Armasite Predator 1.5-12

Complete rifle weighs 10.5 lbs without mag and ammo.

I moved to tricities wa. Where its hard to find a place in the open country to target practice. Has it changed that way in az?
Have you been up to the top of the Horse Heaven Hills southwest of your location (I suspect you're in Bentucky, given what I believe is a zip code of your location)?
Have you been out to the east shore of the Columbia River opposite the Columbia Generating Station?

Last Edited:
Hey sa shooter. I lived in aj for 23 years on broadway and 9th ave area. I loved going out on the military rsnge at florence jct. And shoot. I moved to tricities wa. Where its hard to find a place in the open country to target practice. Has it changed that way in az?

We are out at the eastern edge of AJ, just off S. Tomahawk @ Hwy 60. We just moved down here from Oregon in February so finding outdoor areas to shoot has been a bit low on the priority list in favor of settling in to the new home.

Then Covid-19 raised it's ugly head and things changed quickly here. The military range north of Florence is closed to civilian use at the moment as are all public ranges. Most of those rangers are open to LEO only. The national forest lands are also closed due to fire danger. It's been unusually warm here for the past month or two so things dried out fast.

The good news is that we are starting to see some opening up of the lockdown here and are awaiting the next announcement from the governor on more phased changes. Another interesting development is that some of the informal shooting sites on BLM land (I believe 5 sites) became BLM development projects to improve and dedicate those sites as designated shooting areas.

That effort seems very similar to what NWFA & ODF did with the N. Wolf Creek site. I'm hoping that some effort is made by the SWFA members to assist with the BLM development projects. @Joe Link might have something to say about that on the SWFA site in the future.

We are out at the eastern edge of AJ, just off S. Tomahawk @ Hwy 60. We just moved down here from Oregon in February so finding outdoor areas to shoot has been a bit low on the priority list in favor of settling in to the new home.

Then Covid-19 raised it's ugly head and things changed quickly here. The military range north of Florence is closed to civilian use at the moment as are all public ranges. Most of those rangers are open to LEO only. The national forest lands are also closed due to fire danger. It's been unusually warm here for the past month or two so things dried out fast.

The good news is that we are starting to see some opening up of the lockdown here and are awaiting the next announcement from the governor on more phased changes. Another interesting development is that some of the informal shooting sites on BLM land (I believe 5 sites) became BLM development projects to improve and dedicate those sites as designated shooting areas.

That effort seems very similar to what NWFA & ODF did with the N. Wolf Creek site. I'm hoping that some effort is made by the SWFA members to assist with the BLM development projects. @Joe Link might have something to say about that on the SWFA site in the future.
Welcome to AZ! I grew up in Ahwatukee and lived in Chandler, Tempe, and Phoenix. It's looking like the Tonto National Forest / Four Peaks areas are closed right now for shooting. If they still allow hiking, there is a trail that will get you to the highest of the 4 peaks (the other 3 have sheer vertical walls). The lack of gunfire in the background may make it a bit more enjoyable - either way it's a great view!

We did take advantage of the social distancing rules and did some exploring up near Payson, down to Florence, Globe & Superior.

We'll do some more later this fall after they turn down the oven here. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top