Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just a little warning from experience...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Lowercase, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Lowercase

Lowercase Portland New Member

I'm not sure if this is the correct section of the forums to post this, if not, can a mod please move to the correct area, it would be greatly appreciated...

Some of you may or may not have heard of www.tacticalgunarmory.com... do not for any reason order from this website. Granted it may seem to have really low prices, they might even seem "too good to be true"

Let me tell you why... They have been gaining interest on my money from my order for the last 2 months (which i technically canceled a month ago, awaiting a refund which i now don't expect) prompting me to file a complaint to the BBB (where i noticed they had an F rating) which the following data was extracted...

-215 Complaints filed against business
    -133 Regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
    -24 Non-delivery of products
    -6 Unauthorized credit card charges

I figured i learned my lesson by not doing my homework, and maybe i can save some of you a headache and maybe a couple dollars.

Keep your bores clean and your head down...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. 9mmD

9mmD sw wa Member

WOW good to know. I have been contemplating a order from them for 3-4 weeks but could find the $$. Glad i didn't place the order yet.......... DELEATE...........

3. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

:eek::wow:

That's impressive.

4. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Other than it should be posted in "General Firearm Discussion", what you posted seems fine.

Thanks for the heads up.

will

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I'm moving this to General where it will receive more attention.

6. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

thanks for the heads up

7. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I've had the misfortune of dealing with this outfit as well. They did finally deliver on my items ordered but it was like pulling teeth. I flat out told them after I received my items that I will not be a repeat customer and will recomend others stay the heck away from them. They love money but hate the customer IMHO. Took 2 months for them to process my order and ship it and nothing was on backorder. If I hadn't have followed it like a hawk and nugged them along the way I doubt I would have ever received my ordered items.

8. Atroxus

Atroxus Marysville, WA Member

Since it's an online business could you file a complain with the internet fraud complaint center? Dunno, just a thought though.

9. meanmike58

meanmike58 oregon Member

10. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info........:thumbup:

11. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Another good one is aimsurplus.com. Their inventory is seasonal, but they often have some excellent deals.

JGSales is also good.

I don't like cheaperthandirt as much because it always feels like they charge way too much for shipping.

12. Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam Portland Oregon Member

Lowercase im sorry to hear about your misfortune :( i would suggest that you contact the atternoy general for the area that the website operates out of and your local atterney general. It may take you a few more weeks to get the problem taken care of but my local AG's office has helped me in two seperate events. I hate being taken advantage of!

13. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hopefully you can get your money back from your Credit Card company. Just file a complaint with them and they should give it back to you, depending on what card you used of course. Good luck and thanks for the heads up.

I really like Ammoman, and JGsales for ammo personally if I'm going to buy 1000 round cases, otherwise I just buy locally.

14. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

+1 on the credit card. I hope you paid with a CC. They'll usually help you, even give you a refund and back-charge their merchant. Too much of that and the merchant loses his ability to accept CC's.

15. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Get your CC company after them

16. Lowercase

Lowercase Portland New Member

Just a little update...

The BBB sent me an email stating that they had informed the business of the complaint and they had until April 5th to reply to the complaint, and about 4 days later, i received my refund.

Still a shady site and i will never do business with them. I am glad i didnt have to sick the CC company on them and shocked the BBB seemed to have done some good.

Yay for me, guess i will use the refund for some more ammo elsewhere.