JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who better to send a message, than the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee? 4300 signatures is peanuts! He was voted into office with 29,077 votes, Oregon law only requires 15% of that number to force a recall, so that is all it will take. A recall petition could be in place before he even gets his latest effort out of committee. I'd wager voting Senators would take note.

If you look at the election results from his latest run in 2010, he wasn't a blow out winner, considering it was after all, Eugene.

<broken link removed>

Who better to send a message, than the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee? 4300 signatures is peanuts! He was voted into office with 29,077 votes, Oregon law only requires 15% of that number to force a recall, so that is all it will take. A recall petition could be in place before he even gets his latest effort out of committee. I'd wager voting Senators would take note.

Smart thinking. To be clear, Oregon law would require signatures of 15% of active voters from the senatorial 4th District, to recall Prozanski. The active voters are measured by total votes cast in the previous Governor's election in 2010.

As a guess, this might need ~10,000 signatures. This is based on halving the Lane and Douglas county results online. Maybe OFF could provide an exact figure.

Good news is the 4th District is rural and politically diverse. It includes Roseburg, Oakridge, and Sutherlin.

ORS 249.870¹

Number of signers on recall petition

The requisite number of signers on a recall petition is 15 percent of the total votes cast in the electoral district for all candidates for Governor at the most recent election at which a candidate for Governor was elected to a full term next preceding the filing of the petition for verification of signatures.

Last Edited:
Saw Sen. Floyd Prozanski at a town hall once in person. He came across as an arrogant (fill in the blank)! He's not in my district or I would surely sign. I'm sure if the local gun shops and ranges in the area would hurry up and have petitions to sign this could be done. Anyone with ties to these establishments?

Oregon's 4th congressional district represents the southern half of Oregon's coastal counties, including Coos, Curry, Douglas, Lane, and Linn counties and most of Benton and Josephine counties. It gained most of Josephine County from the 2nd district in the 2002 redistricting, but also lost most of the Grants Pass area to the second district.

Lets get it rolling....

According to Wiki -
138,351 voted Republican and 6,205 voted Libertarian in 2012 against DeFazio.......so, that 20K signatures seems like a pretty small number.

Senator Lee Beyer is my Sen. here in nearby Springfield. I'm not sure the DeFazio numbers = anti Prozanski. Still I'm sure if the voters who shoot could have a petition placed under their noses they would sign. Seems like the nearby ranges and gun shops are the logical places to get signatures.

Senator Lee Beyer is my Sen. here in nearby Springfield. I'm not sure the DeFazio numbers = anti Prozanski. Still I'm sure if the voters who shoot could have a petition placed under their noses they would sign. Seems like the nearby ranges and gun shops are the logical places to get signatures.

Pretty sure the Rally on the 19th would be another great place to make a general announcement for those living in that district to come sign the petition. Ranges, gun shops, put up a Facebook and twitter feed....lets make this guy sweat!

I'm not sure if it's relevant, as I do not know how Oregon recalls work but bear in mind the State and Fed districts are different. Prozanski "represents" a much smaller area of mostly SE Lane and NE Douglas counties. Still plenty of solid 2a supporters there, but it might prove difficult to gather all those rural signatures.

http://bluebook.state.or.us/images/state/legislative/maps/bb_SD_map1000.gif

There have been some good suggestions so far of where to start, the rally, gun shops, ranges ect. but I think social media might be the best bet for saving alot of leg work.

There are enough PO'd voters out there I think if you gave them the chance to stick it to a politician, almost regardless of issue they'd take it.

Frankly, it couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

Ocarolan,

Thank you for the corrected information on the number of signatures required. It still remains within possibility, and would certainly make our elected representatives pay attention. They don't seem too unless it is an election year. If we were to organize a recall drive prior even to his getting the motion out of his committee, it would be a very strong message. I am all for keeping firearms out of the hands of felons and criminals, but his answer, isn't the solution.

Does anyone know if ARPC is within his district? That would be a logical location for signing, as well as the ranges in Eugene I am familiar with, not to mention all the gun shops.

No, ARPC isn't in his district. Looks like the district ends at the Linn County line. Legislator Lookup

Whether or not a location is in within the district shouldn't matter as long as it's frequented by legitimate voters from Prozanski's district, right? A Range in Marcola or a gun shop in Springfield would still be a good place to get signers I think.

If you look at the election results from his latest run in 2010, he wasn't a blow out winner, considering it was after all, Eugene.

<broken link removed>

What other locations would work?? Rifle and pistol clubs, etc. ??????

Lots of people do not enjoy the Salem based supremacy attitudes. Input from Colorado would help.

Oregon's 4th congressional district represents the southern half of Oregon's coastal counties, including Coos, Curry, Douglas, Lane, and Linn counties and most of Benton and Josephine counties. It gained most of Josephine County from the 2nd district in the 2002 redistricting, but also lost most of the Grants Pass area to the second district.

Lets get it rolling....

Good news... actually Prozanski would be recalled by the Senatorial 4th District voters (Douglas/Lane county) not the larger Congressional 4th District. This means fewer signatures required. The fourth district includes Roseburg, Oakridge, parts of Eugene, and Sutherlin.

Ocarolan,

A Recall Senator Floyd Prozanski FB page has been created, but you seem to be on the button about details related to the recall requirements. I have contacts within Eugene, Cottage Grove, ARPC, ect, the time to get out the effort, but not time to spin wheels. Any locked down info as the who and where those signatures would need to come from would be appreciated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top