JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
His term is up in November so maybe a better use of time and effort would be in making sure he doesn't get re-elected?

I think he makes the perfect case for being held accountable. NOW. It sends an even better message to those who also may be up for re-election in Nov.

Ocarolan,

A Recall Senator Floyd Prozanski FB page has been created, but you seem to be on the button about details related to the recall requirements. I have contacts within Eugene, Cottage Grove, ARPC, ect, the time to get out the effort, but not time to spin wheels. Any locked down info as the who and where those signatures would need to come from would be appreciated.

See here. Prozanski is a Local Public Officer, so start on page 20.

http://oregonvotes.org/doc/publications/recall.pdf

It only takes one local voter to file a recall petition. In terms of publicity, even that small act could be newsworthy, and inspire caution among other politicians.

The Giron recall was filed by an unemployed plumber.

Who better to send a message, than the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee? 4300 signatures is peanuts! He was voted into office with 29,077 votes, Oregon law only requires 15% of that number to force a recall, so that is all it will take. A recall petition could be in place before he even gets his latest effort out of committee. I'd wager voting Senators would take note.

If you look at the election results from his latest run in 2010, he wasn't a blow out winner, considering it was after all, Eugene.

<broken link removed>

If this picks up traction I can make a financial contribution to your war chest. It may be a very good idea to contact the two guys in Colorado that started succesfully the recall of the two bad "A" legislators. They may know of short cuts to getting this job. Done.

I don't know if just the gun-control issue is enough to be successful, though.

What other major mistakes has he made that would appeal to a broader group?

Floyd Prozanski, Jr.&#39;s Political Summary - Project Vote Smart

Floyd Prozanski voted Yea (Passage) - SB 833 - Authorizes Drivers Licenses for Individuals Without Legal Proof of US Residence

Floyd Prozanski voted Yea (Passage) - HB 3194 - Reduces Prison Sentences for Certain Crimes

Floyd Prozanski voted Yea (Passage) - HB 2787 - Authorizes In-State Tuition for Undocumented Immigrants

Floyd Prozanski voted Yea (Passage) - HB 2787 - Authorizes In-State Tuition for Undocumented Immigrants

Floyd Prozanski voted Yea (Passage) - HB 4164 - Implementing the Oregon Health Insurance Exchange

Floyd Prozanski voted Yea (Passage) - SB 1594 - Prohibits weapons on school grounds

Floyd Prozanski was endorsed by Planned Parenthood PAC of Oregon

Floyd Prozanski voted Yea (Passage) - HB 2001 - Transit and Gas Tax Increase

Some people like these sort of things though.

I think we have plenty of horsepower to dump this guy.....if anything, it will put him on notice that his views on things are way out of alignment with Oregonians.

Prozanski is a gun hater , if you like your guns then you have to vote him out because he will continue to work at taking your firearms away look people , look at the crap he has endorsed to remove your rights . He is like a milk and cookies guy on most things but when it comes to firearms rights he is a rabid dog in my opinion he is a borderline mental case and will stop at nothing to get his personal agenda as law he is not for firearms rights he is for Floyd , period , end of story .

It only takes one local voter to file a recall petition. Has this got anywhere yet? It would be nice to let my Eugene acquaintances know about this. A show like Lars Larson would be another good place to jumpstart his removal BTW!

It only takes one local voter to file a recall petition. Has this got anywhere yet? It would be nice to let my Eugene acquaintances know about this. A show like Lars Larson would be another good place to jumpstart his removal BTW!

I sure hope someone in his district gets this rolling soon.

Found this info and link if it helps.

Oregon

Click here for News & Commentary on Oregon
Eligible for Recall: Jeff Merkley (D): elected to first term in 2008, up for reelection in 2014; Ron Wyden (D): elected to third term in 2010, up for reelection in 2016

Signature Requirement: 15% of voters in last election for the Senator

Circulation Time: 90 days

Type of Recall Election: Recall Election Then Special Election

Constitutional Provision: Article 2 Section 18 (created 1908)

Section 18. Recall; meaning of words &#8216;the legislative assembly shall provide.' (1) Every public officer in Oregon is subject, as herein provided, to recall by the electors of the state or of the electoral district from which the public officer is elected.
(2) Fifteen per cent, but not more, of the number of electors who voted for Governor in the officer's electoral district at the most recent election at which a candidate for Governor was elected to a full term, may be required to file their petition demanding the officer's recall by the people.

Initial Procedure: Taken from the Oregon recall manual:
1.The first step for a recall petition against a state public officer is the filing of a prospective recall petition with the Secretary of State, Elections Division. The chief petitioner for a recall must be a registered voter in the district from which the public officer is elected or appointed.
2.After receiving a sufficient prospective petition for a recall of a state public officer and no later than 3 business days after the prospective petition is filed, the Elections Division provides the chief petitioner with official templates of the cover and signature sheets for the petition. Once the chief petitioner has received the official templates, they may begin the approval for circulation process. The cover and signature sheets must be approved in writing by the Elections Division before the chief petitioner may begin circulating the recall petition.
3.Using the official templates provided by the Elections Division, the chief petitioner prepares and submits cover and signature sheets exactly as intended to circulate, including weight, style and color of paper with the cover sheet (SEL 350) copied on the reverse side of the signature sheet (SEL 351). Only a chief petitioner or authorized agents may submit cover and signature sheets for approval.

Contact Info:
Oregon Secretary of State
Elections Division
255 Capitol St NE, Ste 501
Salem OR 97310
Phone: (503) 986-1518
Recall the Rogues

I just clipped this from the Draft Prozanski background check proposal:

(c) "Transfer" means the sale, gift or lease of a firearm.

I read this to mean rentals would be essentially outlawed because you'd have to wait for a background check. You could claim a rental "club card" pre-approval, except the draft law specifically states approvals expire after 24 hours.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top