JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have any experience with the JP enterprises MR-10 in .308? I have the opportunity to purchase one. Super high quality or just average good quality? I would be using it to learn longer range shooting primarily at a range like Douglas Ridge or out in the desert. Thanks.

Does anyone have any experience with the JP enterprises MR-10 in .308? I have the opportunity to purchase one. Super high quality or just average good quality? I would be using it to learn longer range shooting primarily at a range like Douglas Ridge or out in the desert. Thanks.

As others have already mentioned, JP products are top notch quality-wise.

But the MR-10 is such an odd and unusual rifle. While it would be fine to shoot at a range, what more practical purposes would one otherwise use it for? It would certainly not make a good self-defense rifle. An AR-10 would do a much better job at that. And it is quite heavy and bulky to try to use for hunting.

328.jpg

They sell new for $4,000 How much money are they asking for the rifle? You can get a brand new
FN SPR™ A5M XP for only $2,200, and FN claims .5 MOA accuracy as well.

I suppose that if you found a good deal on one, it would be a good buy. As it no doubt should be plenty accurate.

It is just too much of an oddity, for my own personal taste. But that certainly does not mean that you would not be happy with it.

JP makes some exquisite AR platformed 308 's for less that will do great at long distance and be a little more versatile. LaRue also has some interesting rifles promising great accuracy in a similar price range...Or as you're learning, you could buy something much less expensive by Savage, FN or a Steyr like the SSG .
Unless you're getting a really killer deal on it, might want to look at other options

As others have already mentioned, JP products are top notch quality-wise.

But the MR-10 is such an odd and unusual rifle. While it would be fine to shoot at a range, what more practical purposes would one otherwise use it for? It would certainly not make a good self-defense rifle. An AR-10 would do a much better job at that. And it is quite heavy and bulky to try to use for hunting.

View attachment 242474

They sell new for $4,000 How much money are they asking for the rifle? You can get a brand new
FN SPR™ A5M XP for only $2,200, and FN claims .5 MOA accuracy as well.

I suppose that if you found a good deal on one, it would be a good buy. As it no doubt should be plenty accurate.

It is just too much of an oddity, for my own personal taste. But that certainly does not mean that you would not be happy with it.

It looks like a normal target rifle.

It looks like a normal target rifle.

The use of any kind of compensator or muzzle brake is illegal in any NRA or International Shooting Sport Federation high power rifle competition. So it is not designed for target competition. And target rifles generally don't have folding stocks.

I think that this rifle has probably been a flop sales wise. I found one old listing on gunsamerica for one. It was listed as having never been fired, and sold for $3,000

I think that it's initial purpose was for military and LE action as sniper rifles (though there is no provision for a suppressor). I have been told that some have been sold to other countries for military use. After handling it, it appears to be a very well made rifle that would be fun to shoot long distance; probably out in the desert.

The use of any kind of compensator or muzzle brake is illegal in any NRA or International Shooting Sport Federation high power rifle competition. So it is not designed for target competition. And target rifles generally don't have folding stocks.

I think that this rifle has probably been a flop sales wise. I found one old listing on gunsamerica for one. It was listed as having never been fired, and sold for $3,000

Well I didn't know that. Score for the folding stock.. nice. And the OP said for the Douglas range and the desert. Looks like a standard (and nice) precision rifle.

They sell new for $4 said:
FN SPR™ A5M XP [/B]for only $2,200, and FN claims .5 MOA accuracy as well.

Not to take anything away from a fine rifle, The FN H website states 1 MOA standard accuracy. Do they have an upgraded version?

<broken link removed>

Not to take anything away from a fine rifle, The FN H website states 1 MOA standard accuracy. Do they have an upgraded version?

<broken link removed>

Sorry, my confusion and poor memory is to blame. There is a slightly more expensive FNH SPR that does have a .5 MOA guarantee. And I was thinking of it. This variant that uses detachable mags that I referred to, though, is a 1 MOA rifle, as you have correctly pointed out

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR