JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to go in and pick up a new bi-tone XD-40 subcompact tomorrow from my dealer. I will carry this gun when I am dressed in a way that I can carry a bigger gun than my usual carry which is a Kahr PM40.

I got rid of both of my XD pistols when I started buying Glocks but I am switching back to the XD since I just am not a fan of carrying the Glocks. This is not a slam on the Glock. I am just very OCD about the finish on my pistols and the Glocks show holster wear so easily. Now if I could get a Glock with a stainless slide...:)

My XD 9 is my favorite semi-auto. Thousands of rounds have gone through it without a single malfunction (except one squib, but that's another story).

I will carry this gun when I am dressed in a way that I can carry a bigger gun than my usual carry which is a Kahr PM40.

Bigger??? :confused:

PM40 5.35"x4"
Sub-Compact XD 6.25"x4.75"

Well it's bigger but it's not that much bigger Playboy... Sorry we look at size a wee bit differently is all. I'm either carrying an XD Subcompact sized pistol or the LCP when it's hot out. In the cooler months I'm carrying a full size 1911. See I see the Subcompact XD sized pistol as being a pretty small critter already and not a cold weather gun.

All that being said I think you'll like your Subcompact XD40. I have had the opportunity to fire a Subcompct XD9 and it was a great shooting little gun. I liked it so much that I tried to talk them into making a Subcompact XD45 but they said they weren't planning on it. I was sad and decided I would keep my PT145. :s0112:

I prefer XDs over Glocks, I had a tactical xd45 bi tone full grip for the longest time, then I tried my hands on a G21 and G21sf, I totally digged them all but the XD, something about the steel ambi mag release makes me prefer it over a glock any day of the week. Oh and Playboy if you want to make a nice SS slide on a glock, talk to southridge arms he did a G21 with a Nickel plated slide and its quite impressive. Theres a big ole' photo of it on his website in the gallery section.

I thought Glocks were known for having a tough finish??? Or is it that it goes from a matte finish to having polished type spots??? I've carried a P2000 in Kydex for years and it shows no signs of holster wear at all.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top