JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to go in and pick up a new bi-tone XD-40 subcompact tomorrow from my dealer. I will carry this gun when I am dressed in a way that I can carry a bigger gun than my usual carry which is a Kahr PM40.

I got rid of both of my XD pistols when I started buying Glocks but I am switching back to the XD since I just am not a fan of carrying the Glocks. This is not a slam on the Glock. I am just very OCD about the finish on my pistols and the Glocks show holster wear so easily. Now if I could get a Glock with a stainless slide...:)

My XD 9 is my favorite semi-auto. Thousands of rounds have gone through it without a single malfunction (except one squib, but that's another story).

I will carry this gun when I am dressed in a way that I can carry a bigger gun than my usual carry which is a Kahr PM40.

Bigger??? :confused:

PM40 5.35"x4"
Sub-Compact XD 6.25"x4.75"

Well it's bigger but it's not that much bigger Playboy... Sorry we look at size a wee bit differently is all. I'm either carrying an XD Subcompact sized pistol or the LCP when it's hot out. In the cooler months I'm carrying a full size 1911. See I see the Subcompact XD sized pistol as being a pretty small critter already and not a cold weather gun.

All that being said I think you'll like your Subcompact XD40. I have had the opportunity to fire a Subcompct XD9 and it was a great shooting little gun. I liked it so much that I tried to talk them into making a Subcompact XD45 but they said they weren't planning on it. I was sad and decided I would keep my PT145. :s0112:

I prefer XDs over Glocks, I had a tactical xd45 bi tone full grip for the longest time, then I tried my hands on a G21 and G21sf, I totally digged them all but the XD, something about the steel ambi mag release makes me prefer it over a glock any day of the week. Oh and Playboy if you want to make a nice SS slide on a glock, talk to southridge arms he did a G21 with a Nickel plated slide and its quite impressive. Theres a big ole' photo of it on his website in the gallery section.

I thought Glocks were known for having a tough finish??? Or is it that it goes from a matte finish to having polished type spots??? I've carried a P2000 in Kydex for years and it shows no signs of holster wear at all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top