JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well boys and girls, I couldn't help myself. A Gen5 G17 came home with me. Immediately removed the plastic fieldgoal sights and put on some Trijicons. I was going to get a G19, thinking the lack of finger grooves would keep my fingers from being all jammed up. Instead, my pinky rests right on the oversized magazine access hole in the fronstrap. Wasn't comfortable at all.

IMG_0220.JPG

Jealous!
I have enough Gen4s it'll be hard to mix things up, but I think I could dig a compact (19/23) without the finger grooves.
I typically get full size because the finger grooves on the compacts squish my fingers, but without the grooves I think I'd love the compact.
Probably won't be getting one soon ($$ and all) but I'm excited to see one soon.

The biggest issue For me and the Gen5 G19 was the half-moon hole cut out of the frontstrap. My pinky sat firmly over that half-moon and I'm sure that would rub me raw.
Don't say that! I've been trying to ignore it.;)
I noticed it and did wonder if it'd be an issue, but I'm hoping it isn't.

I'm itching for a G17, @No_Regerts. I-5 Guns? What was the damages?
I'll assume it was cheaper to buy the Trijicons and install yourself, as compared to already installed?

No, I found mine at East County Guns in Elma. I had an extra set of trijicons sitting in the garage, but they were more expensive than ordering the gun from the factory with the optional Ameriglo sights.

I can't get too excited, I'm one that happens to like the finger grooves. Maybe a grip sleeve, OR, maybe a gen4.
I need to get my mitts on one to decide.

Technically I should merge the two, but since yours is so popular and mine fell flat I think I'll leave it alone.

I would even bet I was one of the first purchasers in Oregon, as they were not for sale until 8/30 at 5pm ET and I got mine before that. Was sworn to secrecy of where and how. Oh well. Stupid blue banner under my name. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top